Senior Accountant Job Description Sample
This senior accountant sample job description can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Senior Accountant Job Responsibilities:
Ensures the integrity of accounting information by recording, verifying, consolidating, and entering transactions.
Senior Accountant Job Duties:
- Prepares and records asset, liability, revenue, and expenses entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Maintains and balances subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, posting, reconciling transactions; resolving discrepancies.
- Maintains general ledger by transferring subsidiary accounts; preparing a trial balance; reconciling entries.
- Summarizes financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss, and other statements.
- Produces payroll by initiating computer processing; printing checks, verifying finished product.Completes external audit by analyzing and scheduling general ledger accounts; providing information for auditors.
- Avoids legal challenges by complying with legal requirements.
- Secures financial information by completing database backups.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
Senior Accountant Skills and Qualifications:
Accounting, SFAS Rules, Research Skills, Analyzing Information , Attention to Detail, Deadline-Oriented, Confidentiality, Thoroughness, Corporate Finance, Financial Software, General Math Skills
Employers: Post a job in minutes to reach candidates everywhere.
Job Seekers: Search Senior Accountant Jobs and apply on Monster now.
Learn more about how to hire:
- Creating and Posting a Job in Monster
- Maintain a Legal Hiring Process
- Your Hiring Goal: Be the Dumbest One in the Room