This quality assurance director sample job description can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Quality Assurance Director Job Responsibilities:
Assures quality products and processes by establishing and enforcing quality standards; testing materials and product.
Quality Assurance Director Job Duties:
- Establishes quality and reliability standards by studying product and consumer requirements with other members of management and with production operators, technicians, and engineers.
- Establishes raw material standards by studying manufacturing and engineering requirements; conferring and negotiating with suppliers; devising testing methods and procedures.
- Establishes in-process product inspection standards by studying manufacturing methods; devising testing methods and procedures.
- Establishes standards for the disposition of finished product by devising evaluation tests, methods, and procedures.
- Establishes rework standards by devising inspection and physical testing methods and procedures.
- Establishes product quality documentation system by writing and updating quality assurance procedures.
- Maintains product quality by enforcing quality assurance policies and procedures and government requirements; collaborating with other members of management to develop new product and engineering designs and manufacturing and training methods.
- Prepares product and process quality reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Completes quality assurance operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Maintains quality assurance staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintains quality assurance staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Achieves financial objectives by preparing the quality assurance budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Quality Assurance Director Skills and Qualifications:
People Management, Analyzing Information , Reporting Research Results, Technical Understanding, Promoting Process Improvement, Developing Standards, Managing Processes, Manufacturing Methods and Procedures, Dealing with Complexity, Problem Solving, Process Improvement
Employers: Post a job in minutes to reach candidates everywhere.
Job Seekers: Search Quality Assurance Director Jobs and apply on Monster now.
Learn more about how to hire: