This programmer analyst sample job description can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Description: Programmer Analyst
Programmer Analyst Job Purpose: Accomplishes software requirements by developing and maintaining applications and databases.
Programmer Analyst Job Duties:
- Identifies requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual clients and with other persons in a position to understand service requirements.
- Arranges project requirements in programming sequence by analyzing requirements; preparing a work flow chart and diagram using knowledge of computer capabilities, subject matter, programming language, and logic.
- Programs the computer by encoding project requirements in computer language; entering coded information into the computer.
- Confirms program operation by conducting tests; modifying program sequence and/or codes.
- Provides reference for use of prime and personal computers by writing and maintaining user documentation; maintaining a help desk.
- Maintains computer systems and programming guidelines by writing and updating policies and procedures.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Keeps equipment operational by calling for repairs; following manufacturer's instructions and established procedures; evaluating new equipment.
- Protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Develops and maintains applications and databases by evaluating client needs; analyzing requirements; developing software systems.
Skills/Qualifications: Analyzing Information , C, Problem Solving, Attention to Detail, Software Design, Software Debugging, Software Development Fundamentals, Software Documentation, Software Testing, Software Requirements, Software Development Process
Employers: Post a job in minutes to reach candidates everywhere.
Job Seekers: Search jobs and apply on Monster now.
Learn more about the hiring process: