Patient Transporter Job Description
Patient Transporter Job Responsibilities:Helps patients by transporting them into, around, and out of the health care organization.
Patient Transporter Job Duties:
- Transports patients by assisting patients in and out of taxis, ambulances, cars, and helicopters; lifting patients on and off beds; moving them to and from special service and treatment areas, and operating rooms; using wheelchairs or moveable beds.
- Comforts patients and their families by offering support and encouragement; being punctual and attentive to procedure schedules; demonstrating caring and cultural sensitivity.
- Transports equipment and supplies by picking-up requisitioned orders; delivering them to assigned treatment areas and patient care areas.
- Transports laboratory specimens by picking-up specimens and delivering them to specified laboratory.
- Transports deceased patients by following protocols and delivering them to the mortuary.
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures; complying with federal and state legal regulations and Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO) requirements.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Enhances health care organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Patient Transporter Skills and Qualifications:Customer Service, Customer Focus, Bedside Manner, Physical Fitness, Verbal Communication, Listening, Documentation Skills, Decision Making, Patient Services, Health Care Administration, Health Promotion and Maintenance
Employers: Post a job in minutes to reach candidates everywhere.
Job Seekers: Search Patient Transporter Jobs and apply on Monster now.
Learn more about how to hire: