Nurse Manager Sample Job Description
Nurse Manager Job Responsibilities:Promotes and restores patients' health by developing day-to-day management and long-term planning of the patient care area; directing and developing staff; collaborating with physicians and multidisciplinary professional staffs; providing physical and psychological support for patients, friends, and families.
Nurse Manager Job Duties:
- Identifies patient service requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual patients and other persons in a position to understand service requirements.
- Maintains nursing guidelines by writing and updating policies and procedures.
- Maintains nursing operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures.
- Assures quality of care by developing and interpreting hospital and nursing division's philosophies and standards of care; enforcing adherence to state board of nursing and state nurse practice act requirements and to other governing agency regulations; measuring health outcomes against standards; making or recommending adjustments.
- Maintains nursing staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training nurses and auxiliary staff.
- Completes patient care requirements by scheduling and assigning nursing and staff; following up on work results.
- Maintains nursing staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Establishes a compassionate environment by providing emotional, psychological, and spiritual support to patients, friends, and families.
- Promotes patient's independence by establishing patient care goals; teaching and counseling patient, friends, and family and reinforcing their understanding of disease, medications, and self-care skills.
- Provides information to patients and health care team by answering questions and requests.
- Resolves patient needs by utilizing multidisciplinary team strategies.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by designing and implementing procedures, rules, and regulations; calling for assistance from other health care professionals.
- Protects patients and employees by developing and interpreting infection-control policies and protocols; enforcing medication administration, storage procedures, and controlled substance regulations.
- Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by monitoring confidential information processing.
- Maintains documentation of patient care services by auditing patient and department records.
- Achieves financial objectives by preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Ensures operation of medical and administrative equipment by verifying emergency equipment availability; completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques..
- Maintains nursing supplies inventory by studying usage reports; identifying trends; anticipating needed supplies; approving requisitions and cost allocations.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Maintains a cooperative relationship among health care teams by communicating information; responding to requests; building rapport; participating in team problem-solving methods.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
Nurse Manager Skills and Qualifications:Judgment, Supervision, Informing Others, Nursing Skills, Creating a Safe, Effective Environment, Hospital Environment, Medical Teamwork, Listening, Pain Management, Administering Medication, Adult Health
Employers: Post a job in minutes to reach candidates everywhere.
Job Seekers: Search Nurse Manager Jobs and apply on Monster now.
Find out more about recruiting trends in the healthcare industry.
Learn more about how to interview: