Dental Laboratory Technician Job Description
Dental Laboratory Technician Job Responsibilities:Maintains and improves patients' oral health by fabricating fixed and removable prostheses according to dentist prescriptions.
Dental Laboratory Technician Job Duties:
- Replaces partial or total loss of natural teeth by constructing partial or full dentures (metal and non-metal).
- Restores natural teeth by fabricating crowns and bridges.
- Corrects dental irregularities by manufacturing fixed or removable appliances.
- Completes implantology procedures by fabricating prostheses to fit implants the dentist places directly into the patient's jawbone.
- Replaces missing facial and body tissues due to injury, disease, or developmental abnormality by fabricating maxillo-facial prostheses.
- Constructs prostheses by following the dentist's prescription; making models of the mouth and teeth from impressions of the patient's mouth taken by the dentist; building-up wax replicas of part or all of the mouth and/or teeth on the model; encasing the wax in a mould material and melting away the wax; replacing the wax with plastic, metal, or ceramic materials to make the replacement appliance; polishing and finishing the appliance prior to its being placed in the patient's mouth by the dentist.
- Documents actions by completing forms, reports, logs, and records.
- Utilizes and conserves supplies and equipment by completing plaster casting, electro-spot welding, metal casting, metal polishing, wax modeling, ceramics, wire bending, electroplating and sandblasting; using CAD/CAM units; maintaining supplies inventories; keeping equipment operating.
- Improves quality results by studying, evaluating, and re-designing processes; implementing changes.
- Updates dental laboratory technician job knowledge and skills by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances dental laboratory reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Dental Laboratory Technician Skills and Qualifications:Customer Focus, Customer Service, Use of Dental Technology, Dental Health Maintenance, Patient Services, Surgical Experience, Procedural Skills, Documentation Skills, Verbal Communication, Attention to Detail, Job Knowledge
Employers: Post a job in minutes to reach candidates everywhere.
Job Seekers: Search Dental Laboratory Technician Jobs and apply on Monster now.
Find out more about compensation: