Certified Nursing Assistant Job Description
This Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) sample job description can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
A Certified Nursing Assistant's Job Responsibilities:
Helps patients by supporting personal hygiene and daily living needs; providing comfort, transportation, and vital sign monitoring.
Certified Nursing Assistant Job Duties:
Download our 2016 Small Business Guide to Hiring
- Provides patients' personal hygiene by giving bedpans, urinals, baths, backrubs, shampoos, and shaves; assisting with travel to the bathroom; helping with showers and baths.
- Provides for activities of daily living by assisting with serving meals, feeding patients as necessary; ambulating, turning, and positioning patients; providing fresh water and nourishment between meals.
- Provides adjunct care by administering enemas, douches, nonsterile dressings, surgical preps, ice packs, heat treatments, sitz and therapeutic baths; applying restraints.
- Maintains patient stability by checking vital signs and weight; testing urine; recording intake and output information.
- Provides patient comfort by utilizing resources and materials; transporting patients; answering patients' call lights and requests; reporting observations of the patient to nursing supervisor.
- Documents actions by completing forms, reports, logs, and records.
- Maintains work operations by following policies and procedures.
- Protects organization's value by keeping patient information confidential.
- Serves and protects the hospital community by adhering to professional standards, hospital policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements, and jcaho standards.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; participating in professional organizations; maintaining licensure.
- Enhances nursing department and hospital reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Certified Nursing Assistant Skills and Qualifications:
Multi-tasking, Medical Teamwork, Bedside Manner, Infection Control, Nursing Skills, Health Promotion and Maintenance, Creating a Safe, Effective Environment, Informing Others, Judgment, Pain Management, Acute/Critical Care
Employers: Post a job in minutes to reach candidates everywhere.
Job Seekers: Search Certified Nursing Assistant Jobs and apply on Monster now.