This billing clerk - medicaid sample job description can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Description: Billing Clerk - Medicaid
Billing Clerk - Medicaid Job Purpose: Collects Medicaid reimbursements by gathering, coding, and transmitting patient care information; resolving discrepancies; adjusting patient bills; preparing reports.
Billing Clerk - Medicaid Job Duties:
- Gathers medicaid billing information by reviewing patient hospital records; checking for completeness.
- Ensures payments by verifying accuracy of medicaid coding.
- Bills medicaid carrier by inputting billing information to database; initiating electronic transmissions.
- Resolves disputed claims by gathering, verifying, and providing additional information; following-up on claims.
- Resolves discrepancies by examining and evaluating data; selecting corrective steps.
- Adjusts patient bills by reviewing remittance advice; consulting with medicaid office.
- Prepares monthly reports of medicaid billing by summarizing billings, adjustments, and revenues received.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; keeping current on medicaid billing and reimbursement procedures..
- Serves and protects the hospital community by adhering to professional standards, hospital policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements, and jcaho standards.
- Accomplishes billing department and hospital mission by completing related results as needed.
Skills/Qualifications: Data Entry Skills, Analyzing Information , Quality Focus, Productivity, Time Management, Organization, Professionalism, Attention to Detail, Financial Skills, Documentation Skills, Reporting Skills
Learn more about the hiring process: