The sample interview questions below will help your interview preparation when you're interviewing candidates for a bookkeeper job description.
- Tell me about your previous work experience as a bookkeeper.
- What were your primary responsibilities?
- How much interaction did you have with vendors and clients?
- What type of accounting systems are you most familiar with using?
- Tell me about your computer skills in general.
- What sort of financial reports were you responsible for preparing?
- Are you familiar with federal, state or local legal requirements?
- What type of reporting structure did you work within in previous jobs?
- What skills do you consider your greatest strengths?
- Tell me about a complex project you were tasked with completing under deadline.
- What have you done at your present/last company to increase revenues, reduce costs, or save time?
- What have you done recently to become a better bookkeeper?
- What do you know about this company and our services?
- What type of schedule are you looking to work?
- Would you be available to work extra hours if needed?
Every interview you conduct should be integrated with your overall hiring strategy to help avoid hiring disasters.
Take time with your job interview preparation will enable you to make every new hire count.
Next step: Research the average employee compensation for Bookkeepers in your area with the HR Salary Wizard®.
TargetPost™ job postings connect you with local skilled, hourly and administrative candidates at a competitive price and help simplify your recruiting process.