[Intro Paragraph] Begin your actuary job description with a marketing summary. Hook prospects with interesting information that sets your organization apart from competitors. For instance, you can relay a mission statement or offer insight into the corporate culture.
Actuary Job Responsibilities:
- Interprets financial information to determine forecasts and evaluations.
- Uses statistics, mathematics, and financial theory to assess the risk that an event will happen.
- Helps businesses and clients develop policies that minimize the cost of the risk.
- Analyzes pricing impact for loss mitigation strategies.
- Explains proposals and findings to clients, executives, shareholders, and other interested parties.
- Tests and administers policies to minimize risk and maximize profitability of insurance policies, pension plans, and other entities.
- Performs complex calculations to determine likelihood of various outcomes related to consumer demand, accidents, illnesses, and investments.
- Utilizes software to generate tables, graphs, and reports to support findings.
- Develops and maintains financial models to test, validate, and monitor actuarial findings.
[Work Hours & Benefits] Including information about the work hours and benefits here is an important placement because it serves to keep the job seeker engaged since they want to know about benefits and work environment upfront. Mention details about working conditions or requirements; this will vary according to specialty. If there are any special benefits or perks that the company provides that is unusual for the industry, be sure to highlight them here.
- Excellent math skills
- Strong aptitude for numbers
- Communication skills
- Business knowledge
- Analytical skills
Education and Experience Requirements:
- BA in a math-related field, actuarial science, business, or related field
- Course work in economics, statistics, and corporate finance
- Must pass certification exams
[Call to Action] Include a call to action at the end of your actuary job description. By providing job seekers with a clear directive, you will increase your chances for a response. Tell them to click on the apply button at the top of the job listing or apply on the company website.
Connect with Quality Hires
By following this template, you will have a good handle on developing your actuary job description. Ready for your next step? Turn to Monster for your job posting needs. Choose from a variety of plans. You can even scale up or down, depending on your preference. Learn more today.