System Security Manager Job Description
This system security manager sample job description can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
System Security Manager Job Responsibilities:
Secures enterprise information by designing, implementing, and enforcing security controls, safeguards, policies, and procedures; managing staff.
System Security Manager Job Duties:
- Accomplishes system security human resource objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures.
- Achieves system security operational objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends; determining system improvements; implementing change.
- Meets system security financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Protects computer assets by developing security strategies; directing system control development and access management, monitoring, control, and evaluation.
- Establishes system safeguards by directing disaster preparedness development; conducting preparedness tests.
- Develops security awareness by directing development of orientation and training programs; counseling clients.
- Advises senior management by identifying critical security issues; recommending risk-reduction solutions.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations; coordinating hardware and software evaluations with vendors.
- Accomplishes system security and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
System Security Manager Skills and Qualifications:
Information Security Policies, Network Security, Change Management, Quality Management, Technical Management, Tracking Budget Expenses, Strategic Planning, Supervision, Decision Making, Problem Solving, Analyzing Information
Employers: Post a job in minutes to reach candidates everywhere.
Job Seekers: Search System Security Manager Jobs and apply on Monster now.
Read more about how the hiring process: