Information Security Specialist Job Description
This information security specialist sample job description can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Information Security Specialist Job Responsibilities:
Safeguards information system assets by identifying and solving potential and actual security problems.
Information Security Specialist Job Duties:
- Protects system by defining access privileges, control structures, and resources.
- Recognizes problems by identifying abnormalities; reporting violations.
- Implements security improvements by assessing current situation; evaluating trends; anticipating requirements.
- Determines security violations and inefficiencies by conducting periodic audits.
- Upgrades system by implementing and maintaining security controls.
- Keeps users informed by preparing performance reports; communicating system status.
- Maintains quality service by following organization standards.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing publications.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Information Security Specialist Skills and Qualifications:
System Administration, Network Security, Problem Solving, Information Security Policies, Informing Others, Process Improvement, On-Call, Network Troubleshooting, Firewall Administration, Network Protocols, Routers, Hubs, and Switches
Employers: Post a job in minutes to reach candidates everywhere.
Job Seekers: Search Information Security Specialist Jobs and apply on Monster now.
Learn more about how to interview: