Veterinarian job description sample
The veterinarian job description template is a useful tool to rely on when searching for the best qualified applicants. To use this template, keep the format and organization as a starting point and then modify it according to the specifications for your particular job. Take a look at our veterinarian job listings for additional ideas on putting together the perfect posting.
[Intro Paragraph] We advise that you start the veterinarian job description by saying something unique about yourself as an employer. You can give potential employees an idea of what their workday might entail, and this is an opportunity to stand apart from the competitors by pointing out what your clinic or animal hospital brings to the table for new hires.
Veterinarian Job Responsibilities:
- Maintains animal health by diagnosing and treating diseases and injuries.
- Determines the nature of disease or injury by examining pets and/or large animals.
- Restores animal health by treating animals surgically or medically.
- Prevents rabies, brucellosis, and other disorders by testing animals and providing inoculations.
- Promotes health of animals by advising animal owners about sanitation measures, feeding, and general care.
- Documents actions by completing and updating forms, reports, and animal records and reporting diseases to public health officials.
- Enhances clinic reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests, exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
[Work Hours & Benefits] Discussing working hours and benefits in this location of the job description serves to make the job seeker interested enough to want to continue reading your job posting. Be sure to include not only details about working conditions or requirements, including shift work, weekend work, overtime, and break schedule. And you can also highlight any special benefits that the you offer, like tuition or conference sponsorship, continuing education credits, and sabbatical and paid parental leave options, that will make candidates want to apply.
Veterinarian Qualifications / Skills:
- Knowledge of animal behavior
- Animal husbandry
- Basic safety
- Documentation skills
- Customer service
- Performing diagnostic procedures
- Use of medical technologies
- Job knowledge
- Verbal communication
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- Undergraduate degree
- Completion of Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM)
- State license to practice in the profession
[Call to Action] You will get more responses to your job ad if you put a call to action ;here at the end of your veterinarian job description. Tell your job seeker how to apply for your position. For example, by clicking on the “apply” button at the top of the job listing or by emailing a resume or filling out an application on the company’s website.
Upgrade your job descriptions
You’re searching for the perfect veterinarians, you’ve written an ideal job description, and now you want to take it the next level. With Monster job ads, you have a wide range of monthly plans to choose from and can cancel any time. Plus, explore Monster Studio’s, our video job description app and get even more hiring help at no extra charge. Find the perfect plan right here!