Social Media Coordinator Job Description Sample
This sample social media coordinator job description is intended to be used as a template. Follow the structure of the paragraphs and lists provided, customizing the job posting as you go with the specific details of your company and the position you are advertising. You can find more great ideas by reading through our social media coordinator job listings.
Social Media Coordinator
[Intro Paragraph] We recommend using this first section of your social media coordinator job description as a short, 2-3 sentence introductory paragraph, providing candidates with some general information about your company and the work environment for the role you are advertising. This is a great opportunity to highlight the value your company provides to employees and to give job seekers a reason to get excited about applying.
Social Media Coordinator Job Responsibilities:
- Execute a results-driven social media strategy.
- Develop and curate engaging content for social media platforms.
- Assist in the creation and editing of written, video, and photo content.
- Attend events and produce live social media content.
- Maintain unified brand voice across different social media channels.
- Collaborate with marketing team to create a social media calendar.
- Monitor social media channels for industry trends.
- Interact with users and respond to social media messages, inquiries, and comments.
- Review analytics and create reports on key metrics.
- Assist in the development and management of social media marketing and influencer marketing strategy.
[Work Hours & Benefits] This is where we suggest adding a paragraph that discusses the work hours and benefits for the position. Adding this information here will help maintain candidates’ interest in your social media job posting and also gives you a chance to highlight some of the perks and benefits your company provides, such as wellness programs, paid time off, or access to retirement or health benefits. This is also where you will want to discuss any special or noteworthy work hour requirements, such as frequent travel or late-night / weekend work expectations.
Social Media Coordinator Qualifications / Skills:
- Passion for social media and proficiency with major social media platforms and social media management tools
- Proficiency with video and photo editing tools, digital media formats, and HTML
- Excellent social listening skills
- Ability to understand historical, current, and future trends in the digital content and social media space
- Strong copywriting and copy editing skills
- Top-notch oral and verbal communication skills
- Impeccable time management skills with the ability to multitask
- Detail-oriented approach with ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or a related field
- 1-3 years experience with B2C social media marketing or content development
- Direct experience using social media management tools (Hootsuite, Sprinklr)
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook)
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Premier Pro) or equivalent digital media editing tools a plus
[Call to Action] Your social media job description should end with a succinct call to action, laying out the preferred method for candidates to apply for the position. This will help increase the number of responses you receive to your job posting and ensure that responses are submitted correctly. For example, you can instruct applicants to click the button at the top of the page marked “apply,” or to email a resume to a specific email address.
Don’t Wait for the Right Candidate to Find You
From one-off hires to building out an entire social media team, there’s a flexible monthly plan from Monster that fits your needs. All plans include access to SearchMonster, which lets you use precise filters to find qualified candidates, review their social profiles, and engage with them directly using built-in text and email tools. Get started today.