Shipping clerk job description sample
This shipping clerk job description sample can assist you in creating a posting that will attract the most dependable candidates for the position. You can edit and revise this template to meet your specific job requirements and duties, and browse Monster’s shipping clerk job listings for more ideas for crafting a successful description.
[Intro Paragraph] The best job descriptions use the first few sentences to introduce their company to prospective shipping clerks. This is your opportunity to set your company apart from competing listings and sell yourself to job seekers, by highlighting your unique company culture and working environment.
Shipping Clerk Responsibilities:
- Manages the shipment of all products, materials, and supplies.
- Collaborates and communicates with logistics technicians, customer service representatives, service providers, and others involved in the shipment of products.
- Tracks, traces, and updates the status of outgoing shipments.
- Maintains a clean, neat, and member-ready area.
- Maintains an accurate log sheet of daily moves, scanning inventory, and counting accurately.
- Engages with vendors and drivers with a positive attitude.
- Provides additional backup support for shipping and receiving departments.
[Work Hours & Benefits] Here is where you can discuss working hours and benefits, advising prospective shipping clerks of seasonal work hours and possibilities for overtime pay. You can also talk about the benefits — like vacation time and tuition, commuter, or childcare reimbursements — that set your business apart.
Shipping Clerks Qualifications/Skills:
- Scanning and sorting outgoing stock
- Pulling, packing, and loading
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Strong sense of time organization and urgency
- Able to work independently and within a team
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent
- 6 months logistics, retail, or customer service experience
- Forklift Certification within 90 days of job entry date
- Familiarity with Radio Frequency (RF) equipment is preferred
[Call to Action] The job descriptions that get the most responses know how to turn interested parties into applicants — with a strong call to action. Tell prospective clerks know exactly how to apply, where to submit an application and resume, or who to contact at your company for additional information.
Is your shipping clerk job description ready to go out?
Make sure your listing is received by the right job hunters with Monster job ads. Our flexible monthly plans empower you to upgrade, target, and scale down your campaign. You can even access SearchMonster at no extra charge, putting our massive candidate engagement platform to work finding the best possible clerks. Start your search today!