Shipping and receiving job description sample
This shipping and receiving job description sample can assist you in creating a posting that will attract the most dependable candidates for the position. You can edit and revise this template to meet your specific job requirements and duties, and browse Monster’s business operations job listings for more ideas for crafting a successful description.
Shipping and Receiving
[Intro Paragraph] The best descriptions use the first few sentences to introduce their company to prospective shipping and receiving personnel. This is your opportunity to set your company apart from competing listings and sell yourself to job seekers, by highlighting your unique company culture and working environment.
Shipping and Receiving Responsibilities:
- Manages the shipment and receipt of all products, materials, and supplies.
- Collaborates and communicates with logistics technicians, customer service representatives, service providers, and others involved in the shipment and receipt of products.
- Tracks, traces, and updates the status of incoming and outgoing shipments.
- Maintains a clean, neat, and member-ready area.
- Promptly unloads trucks and deliveries and sorts and stocks receivables.
- Maintains an accurate log sheet of daily moves, scanning inventory, and counting accurately.
- Engages with vendors and drivers with a positive attitude.
- Provides additional backup support for shipping and receiving departments.
[Work Hours & Benefits] This is the best spot in your shipping clerk job description to discuss working hours and benefits, advising applicants of seasonal work hours and possibilities for overtime pay. You can also talk about the benefits — like vacation time and tuition, commuter, or childcare reimbursements — that set your business apart.
Shipping and Receiving Qualifications/Skills:
- Scanning and sorting incoming and outgoing stock
- Receiving, stocking, and stacking
- Pulling, packing, and loading
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Strong sense of time organization and urgency
- Able to work independently and within a team
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent
- 6 months logistics, retail, or customer service experience
- Forklift Certification within 90 days of job entry date
- Familiarity with Radio Frequency (RF) equipment is preferred
[Call to Action] You’ve given job hunters all the logistics of your company and the job opportunity, and now you need to turn interested parties into applicants with a strong call to action. Tell prospective shipping clerks know exactly how to apply, where to submit an application and resume, or who to contact at your company for additional information.
Is your shipping and receiving job description ready to go out?
Make sure your listing is received by the right job hunters with Monster job ads. Our flexible monthly plans empower you to upgrade, target, and scale down your campaign. You can even access SearchMonster at no extra charge, putting our massive engagement platform to work finding the best shipping and receiving candidates. Start your search today!