Server job description sample
This server job description sample can help you create a posting that will attract the best qualified candidates. The structure and format will make it easy for you to simply insert your specific requirements and desired skills for the position for which you are hiring. If you need some additional ideas about what to include, browse our server job listings.
[Intro Paragraph] Start your server job description with an introduction to your company. You want to stress the positive qualities of your company and why a job seeker would want to work for you. Be creative without over embellishing, paint a picture for your potential candidate so that they can imagine working for you. This is your chance to stand out from other competing restaurants.
Server Job Responsibilities:
- Serves patrons with food and beverages in a positive and friendly manner.
- Provides information to help food and beverage selections.
- Presents ordered choices in a prompt and efficient manner.
- Maintains dining ambiance with an enthusiastic attitude.
- Prepares room for dining by clothing tables and setting decorations, condiments, candles, napkins, service plates, and utensils.
- Protects establishment and patrons by adhering to sanitation, safety, and alcohol beverage control policies.
- Helps patrons select food and beverages by suggesting courses, explaining the chef’s specialties, identifying appropriate beverage pairings, and answering food preparation questions.
- Transmits orders to bar and kitchen by recording patrons’ choices and identifying patrons’ special dietary needs and special requests.
- Keeps kitchen staff informed by noting timing of meal progression.
- Serves orders by picking up and delivering patrons’ choices from bar and kitchen and delivering accompaniments and condiments from service bars.
- Responds to additional patron requirements by inquiring of needs and observing dining process.
- Maintains table setting by removing courses as completed, replenishing utensils, refilling water glasses, and being alert to patron spills or other special needs.
- Concludes dining experience by acknowledging choice of restaurant and inviting patrons to return.
- Obtains revenues by totaling charges, issuing bills, accepting payments, delivering bills and payments to host, and returning change or credit card and signature slip to patrons.
[Work Hours & Benefits] This is where you want to place information about your working hours and benefits. By putting the information in this location, you create interest and encourage your job seeker to keep reading. You will want to describe expected working conditions or requirements such as flexible schedules, weekend work, and shift work. Be sure to mention any special benefits that you offer such as uniforms provided, food and beverages provided during shifts, and employee discounts.
Server Qualifications / Skills:
- General Math Skills
- Verbal Communication
- Customer Service
- Resolving Conflict
- Energy Level
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- High school diploma
- 3-5 years server experience
[Call to Action] You will get more responses to your job ad if you put a call to action at the end of your server job description telling your job seekers exactly how to apply. For example, by clicking on the “apply” button at the top of the job listing or by emailing a resume.
Ready to post your server job description? Get it working for you
The hard part is done. Now that it’s time to post your server job description, Monster job ads can help. With the flexible monthly plans we offer, you can choose the right plan to fit your needs, make changes as necessary, and even cancel at any time. Check it out and get started today!