Sales Executive Job Description Sample
This sales executive job description sample can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements. And if you want more ideas on how to craft the perfect description, go and check out Monster’s sales executive job listings.
[Intro paragraph] The job postings that garner the most attention use two or three sentences to introduce their companies to prospective sales executives. Take this chance to set your firm apart from competing listings and sell yourself to job seekers by highlighting your unique company culture, working environment, and things you bring to the table for new hires.
Sales Executive Job Responsibilities:
- Builds business by identifying and selling prospects; maintaining relationships with clients.
- Identifies business opportunities by identifying prospects and evaluating their position in the industry; researching and analyzing sales options.
- Sells products by establishing contact and developing relationships with prospects; recommending solutions.
- Maintains relationships with clients by providing support, information, and guidance; researching and recommending new opportunities; recommending profit and service improvements.
- Identifies product improvements or new products by remaining current on industry trends, market activities, and competitors.
- Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information.
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
[Work Hours & Benefits] This is an excellent opportunity to highlight your company’s working hours and benefits. Let prospective sales execs know about the flexible workweek structures or travel requirements. You should also list the benefits that set your firm apart, like commissions, stock or ownership options, and paid leave.
Sales Executive Qualifications / Skills:
- Presentation Skills
- Client Relationships
- Emphasizing Excellence
- Energy Level
- Prospecting Skills
- Meeting Sales Goals
- Sales Planning
- Motivation for Sales
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree with a concentration in marketing, promotions, advertising sales, or business administration preferred
- At least five (5) years of industry sales experience
- One to three years of management experience
- Strategic leadership ability
[Call to Action] Now that you have a candidate’s interest, you need to let them know how to apply. The most effective job listings do that with a strong call to action that advises applicants to submit a resume and supporting documents through the job listing or to contact your HR department directly.
Hire Your Next Sales Executive
If you’re not sold on the candidates you’ve been meeting with, maybe it’s time to shake up your hiring strategy. Take your search to the next level with Monster job ads and our wide range of monthly plans. Plus, you’ll get access to our massive resume database with profiles for you to peruse, as well as MonsterSearch, our candidate engagement platform. Find the perfect plan!