Project engineer job description sample
This project engineer job description sample can assist you in creating a job application that will attract candidates who are qualified for the position. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific duties and requirements. If you need more ideas for what information to include, take a look at Monster’s project engineer job listings.
[Intro Paragraph] The first paragraph of your project engineer posting should be a marketing summary of your company that will help you generate interest among potential candidates. Use this short introduction to describe what you have to offer new employees, helping applicants become excited about the prospect of working for you and setting yourself apart from other listings.
Project Engineer Job Responsibilities:
- Completes engineering projects by organizing and controlling project elements.
- Develops project objectives by reviewing project proposals and plans and conferring with management.
- Determines project responsibilities by identifying project phases and elements, assigning personnel to phases and elements, and reviewing bids from contractors.
- Determines project specifications by studying product design, customer requirements, and performance standards.
- Completes technical studies and prepares cost estimates.
- Confirms product performance by designing and conducting tests.
- Determines project schedule by studying project plan and specifications, calculating time requirements, and sequencing project elements.
- Maintains project schedule by monitoring project progress, coordinating activities, and resolving problems.
- Controls project plan by reviewing design, specifications, and plan, scheduling changes, and recommending actions.
- Controls project costs by approving expenditures and administering contractor contracts.
- Prepares project status reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends; recommending actions.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by enforcing procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Maintains project data base by writing computer programs; entering and backing up data.
- Maintains product and company reputation by complying with federal and state regulations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
[Work Hours & Benefits] Put the description of your work hours and benefits in the middle of the job posting to help keep prospective candidates reading your ad. This paragraph will describe not only standard work hours, but also special working conditions that may apply like flexible hours and overtime or travel requirements. Also, include company perks like tuition reimbursement or paid time off.
Project Engineer Qualifications / Skills:
- Requirements analysis
- Design skills
- Project management
- Manufacturing methods and procedures
- Process improvement
- Technical understanding
- Documentation skills
- Safety management
- CAD, CAD/CAM circuit design
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s of Science in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Architecture, or other related discipline required
- 5+ years of project experience working in the construction industry required
- EIT certification preferred
- Experience with large manufacturing facilities construction sites preferred
- Proficient with MS Office Suite of tools, exposure to schedule software, preferably Primavera (P6) preferred
[Call to Action] The most effective job postings conclude with a compelling call to action, letting project engineer candidates know exactly how to apply and encouraging them to do so. Tell potential to click the “apply” link at the top of the listing, apply via your website, or send resumes and supporting documents to someone specific at your firm.
Put the perfect project engineer job description together?
Great job! (Get it?) Now take the search for your engineer to the next level with Monster job ads. We offer monthly plans that can be customized for any size company or job search, meaning you can swap out job ads while upgrading, scaling down, or cancelling at any time. Get started today and check Monster Studios, where you create video job descriptions for free.