Preschool Teacher Job Description Sample
This preschool teacher job description sample is an excellent template for a posting that will attract the most qualified candidates to your school or district. Simply use the general structure and organization of this outline and revise it to reflect the specific job requirements and duties of your open position. For even more ideas for crafting the best listing, take a look at Monster’s preschool teacher job listings.
[Intro Paragraph] If you want the most responses to your job listing, include a short paragraph introducing prospective preschool teachers to your school. Take two or three sentences to highlight your unique teaching culture and educational environment, set your school apart from the competition, and really sell yourself to teacher applicants.
Preschool Teacher Job Responsibilities:
- Contributes to child learning, growth, and advancement.
- Displays a passion for developing preschool-age appropriate educational activities and practice.
- Maintains a positive mindset toward child learning and social-emotional development.
- Works efficiently within existing learning structures and believes in the capability of children to excel.
- Facilitates problem-solving.
- Serves as a role-model to child learners.
- Invests in the students’ well-being, health, and safety.
- Demonstrates ability to learn and convey a variety of subject matters quickly.
- Manages small and large groups of students in a classroom environment and communicates effectively with students, including on potentially sensitive topics
- Adheres to school processes and protocols.
[Work Hours & Benefits] Now you’ll want to talk about working hours and benefits specific to your school. This is another chance to sell potential applicants on things like overtime or year-round pay, and you can also emphasize any benefits that can set your school or district apart, like continuing education credits or childcare reimbursements.
Preschool Teacher Qualifications / Skills:
- Knowledge of instructional methods appropriate for preschool-aged children
- Desire and ability to work with children with diverse backgrounds and levels of ability toward accomplishing their educational and developmental goals
- Familiarity with multiple toddler learning areas
- Ability to organize tasks and manage time to meet many and varied deadlines
- Working familiarity with assistive technologies; internet and email systems; and word processing, presentation, and spreadsheet software
- Working knowledge of various office and video equipment
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree, preferably in Education or related field
- Demonstrated knowledge of current instructional strategies preferred
- Recent teaching experience or other activity in area of primary instruction is a plus
- Teaching credentials a major plus
[Call to Action] Now that potential applicants are familiar with your school and specific job requirements, a compelling call to action right here will encourage prospective teachers to apply. Let them know who to contact, and exactly how and where to submit an application and resume.
Ready to Post the Perfect Job Description?
For an A+ candidate search, check out Monster job ads. Our flexible monthly plans allow you to upgrade, scale down, or switch your postings and will help you find the perfect preschool teacher. Get started today!