Police Officer Sample Job Description
This police officer sample job description can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job Job Duties and job requirements.
Police Officer Job Responsibilities:
A police officer protects citizen by preventing crime; enforcing laws; apprehending suspects; monitoring traffic.
Police Officer Job Duties:
- Prevents crime by explaining and enforcing applicable federal, state, and local laws and ordinances; teaching preventive, protective, and defensive tactics; mediating disputes; patrolling assigned area; responding to notices of disturbances; conducting searches; observing suspicious activities; detaining suspects.
- Apprehends suspects by responding to complaints and calls for help; observing violations; making arrests.
- Conducts criminal investigations by gathering evidence; interviewing victims and witnesses; interrogating suspects.
- Documents observations and actions by radioing information; completing reports.
- Reports observations and actions by testifying in court.
- Fulfills court orders by serving warrants and commitments.
- Maintains safe traffic conditions by monitoring and directing traffic; enforcing laws and ordinances; investigating accidents; providing escort; reporting unsafe streets and facilities.
- Minimizes personal injury by rescuing and reviving victims; radioing for medical assistance.
- Maintains operations by following department policies and procedures; recommending changes.
- Ensures operation of equipment by practicing use; completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; notifying supervisor of needed repairs; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by studying applicable federal, state, and local laws and ordinances; attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; practicing skills; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed. Skills/Qualifications: Decision Making, Legal Compliance, Handles Pressure, Deals with Uncertainty, Lifting, Physical Fitness, Judgment, Objectivity, Dependability, Emotional Control, Integrity
Police Officer Skills and Qualifications:
Decision Making, Legal Compliance, Handles Pressure, Deals with Uncertainty, Lifting, Physical Fitness, Judgment, Objectivity, Dependability, Emotional Control, Integrity
Employers: Post a job in minutes to reach candidates everywhere.
Job Seekers: Search Police Officer Jobs and apply on Monster now.
Learn more about the hiring process: