Plumber job description sample
This plumber job description sample has been created for optimized search performance and candidate conversion and should be used as a template. Customize each section to fit your company and the specific requirements and responsibilities of the position being advertised. You can see what others have done by browsing our current plumber job listings.
[Intro Paragraph] A great way to start your plumber job description is with a short, 2-3 sentence paragraph introducing job seekers to your company and giving them some information about the work environment of the position for which you are hiring. This is your first chance to get candidates excited about the prospect of working for you. Find a creative way to present the value your company provides employees and you can make a strong impression on potential applicants.
Plumber Job Responsibilities:
- Install, repair, and maintain pipes, valves, fittings, drainage systems, and fixtures in commercial and residential structures.
- Collaborate with general contractors, electricians, and other construction professionals.
- Follow building plans and blueprints.
- Respond to, diagnose, and resolve plumbing emergencies.
- Perform routine inspections of plumbing and drainage systems.
- Light construction, carpentry, painting, plastering, flooring, ceiling and electrical work as required.
- Prepare bids, budgets, and cost estimates.
- Keep accurate records of time spent working, description of work performed and materials used.
[Work Hours & Benefits] We recommend adding a paragraph here discussing the working hours and benefits for the role being advertised. This will help keep candidates’ attention and also provides another great chance to communicate the value you provide to employees in the form of specific benefits or perks such as company-provided transportation, hiring bonuses, retirement plans, or paid time off. You should also mention any noteworthy aspects of the position’s work hours, such as frequent overnight travel or expected overtime.
Plumber Qualifications / Skills:
- Skilled in the use of hand and power tools used in the plumbing trade
- Knowledge of building codes, safety regulations, and safety practices
- Ability to read and follow blueprints and rough drawings
- Familiarity with PVC, CPVC, PEX, cast iron, and copper
- Effective oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to complete projects unsupervised and unassisted
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Attention to detail and ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously
- Proficiency in basic mathematics and conversion of measurements
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED certificate
- State plumbing license
- 1-3 years experience as a journeyman plumber
- Valid driver’s license
- Must have own tools
[Call to Action] Adding a call to action at the end of your plumber job description will help increase the rate of response to your posting. This call to action will typically instruct applicants on the specific steps to apply for the position. For example, you can tell applicants to email their resume to a specific person in your organization. You can also instruct applicants to click the button marked “apply” at the top of the page or direct them to a specific link on the company website where they can apply online.
Ready to start getting resumes?
Shorten your time-to-hire with a flexible monthly plan from Monster. Your job ad will be live within an hour on Monster.com and Monster’s network of partner websites and newspapers, with no limit to the number of candidates who can view your posting. Swap out jobs, scale up, scale down, or cancel your plan at any time. Find a plan that works for you today!