Physician assistant job description sample
Our physician assistant job description can help take great candidates from your job posting directly to your application process. To get the most out of the job description template, copy the general form and organization, then customize it by adding details relevant to the specific position. Browse our physician assistant job listings for more guidance.
[Intro Paragraph] To get started on your physician assistant job description, you should include two to three sentences about your organization’s culture and reputation in the medical industry. Give the job seekers good reasons for wanting to join your team. Maybe your facility is noteworthy for allowing lots of flexibility regarding changing specialties, or perhaps the amount of administrative work differs from other places. Whatever makes you stand out, mention it here.
Physician Assistant Job Responsibilities:
- Promotes and maintains patient health by providing medical services under the supervision of a physician.
- Contributes to a physician’s efficiency by identifying short-term and long-range patient care issues.
- Recommends options and courses of action for patient care.
- Implements physician directives.
- Assesses patient health by interviewing patients and performing physical examination including obtaining, updating, and studying medical histories.
- Determines abnormal conditions by administering or ordering diagnostic tests, such as X-rays and laboratory studies and interpreting test results.
- Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records.
- Performs therapeutic procedures by administering injections and immunizations, suturing, and managing wounds and infections.
- Instructs and counsels patients by providing normal growth and development information and providing counseling on emotional problems of daily living.
- Provides community of care by developing and implementing patient-management plans.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols. Complies with federal, state, and local legal and professional requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; and enforcing adherence to requirements and advising management on needed actions.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
- Develops health care team staff by providing information, educational opportunities, and experimental growth opportunities.
[Work Hours & Benefits] Placing details about working hours and benefits in this space helps capture the interest of candidates. This is where you want to describe working conditions or requirements like weekend work, on-call schedules, and break schedules. Additionally, you should highlight any benefits unique to your organization or special perks offered to employees like tuition reimbursements, child care, or commuter benefits.
Physician Assistant Qualifications/Skills:
- Excellent communication skills
- Health promotion and maintenance
- Clinical skills
- Informing others
- Medical teamwork
- Physiological knowledge
- Bedside manner
- Infection control
- Administering medication
- Pain management
- Clinical skills
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Graduate from an ARC-PA accredited physician assistant program
- State license
- BLS certification
- National Provider Identifier (NPI)
[Call to Action] You will get more responses to your job posting if you put a call to action here at the end of your physician assistant job description. Tell your job seeker how to apply for your position. For example, by clicking on the apply button at the top of the job listing, by emailing a resume, or by filling out an application on the company’s website.
Satisfied with your physician assistant job description? Put it to good use.
There are many patients who need good physician assistants. Filling your position with the right candidates is crucial. Monster’s extensive database gives you access to both quality and quantity. Learn more about Monster Solutions now.