[Intro paragraph] Companies looking for the highest quality employees often introduce themselves with two or three sentences that tell the job seeker a few things that make their company unique and the value they bring to new employees. This is your opportunity to really make your hospital, clinic, or medical facility shine and set yourself apart from competing psychiatrist job postings.
Psychiatrist Job Responsibilities:
- Helps patients by evaluating medical and psychosocial conditions.
- Develops and implements treatment plans, including prescription of psychotropic medications.
- Monitors and evaluates treatment results.
- Evaluates patients by interviewing patient, family, and other persons; conducting physical examinations; observing behaviors; reviewing medical history and related documents; selecting, administering, and interpreting psychological tests; and ordering laboratory tests and evaluating results.
- Develops treatment plans by determining nature and extent of cognitive, emotional, developmental, social, and behavioral disorders and establishing treatment goals and methodologies.
- Treats patients by utilizing psychotherapeutic methods and medications; discussing progress toward goals with patients; providing instructions; monitoring effect of medications; and supervising staff provision of services.
- Maintains interdisciplinary treatment by reviewing treatment plans and progress, and consulting and collaborating with primary care physicians, mental health therapists, nurses, and other health care providers.
- Assures quality and safe service for patients and staff by enforcing policies, procedures, standards, rules, Joint Commission for Accreditation of Health Care Organizations requirements, and legal regulations; participating in utilization reviews; and remaining available for emergency consultations.
- Improves staff competence by providing training and discussions regarding the interrelationship between psychosocial and physiological problems, psychotropic medications, crisis intervention, and related issues.
- Maintains historical records by documenting symptoms, medications, and treatment events and writing summaries.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in continuing medical educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests and exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
[Work Hours & Benefits] You’ll also want to include details about any working hours and benefits unique to your business. Tell prospective psychiatrists about flexible hours or work-week structures, as well as any travel requirements. You can also talk about benefits unique to your facility, like tuition or conference sponsorship, continuing education credits, and sabbatical and paid parental leave options.
Psychiatrist Qualifications / Skills:
- Documentation skills
- Analyzing information
- Verbal communication
- Patient services
- Mental health
- Building relationships
- Bedside manner
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- Completion of a psychiatric residency or a family medicine/psychiatry residency in an ACGME approved residency program
- Current BC/BE in Psychiatry (American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology in psychiatry)
- Valid state medical license as MD or DO
- Valid DEA certificate
- 2 years’ experience working full-time as a psychiatrist in child/adult psychiatry
[Call to Action] The best job postings turn potential applicants into actual applicants. And you can do that by letting them know exactly how to apply with a well-crafted call to action. Provide details on application, resume, and supporting documents submission and include any other requirements. Or, simply tell candidates to click the “apply” button at the top of the posting.
Happy with Your Job Description? Now Put It to Work.
You’ve built the perfect job posting, and now it’s to take your psychiatrist search to the next level with Monster job ads. We give you a wide range of monthly plans to choose from and you can cancel any time. Find the plan that’s right for your company and you’ll even have access to SearchMonster, our candidate search and engagement platform, at no extra charge. Get started now!