Patient Transporter Job Description
This patient transporter sample job description can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Patient Transporter Job Responsibilities:
Helps patients by transporting them into, around, and out of the health care organization.
Patient Transporter Job Duties:
- Transports patients by assisting patients in and out of taxis, ambulances, cars, and helicopters; lifting patients on and off beds; moving them to and from special service and treatment areas, and operating rooms; using wheelchairs or moveable beds.
- Comforts patients and their families by offering support and encouragement; being punctual and attentive to procedure schedules; demonstrating caring and cultural sensitivity.
- Transports equipment and supplies by picking-up requisitioned orders; delivering them to assigned treatment areas and patient care areas.
- Transports laboratory specimens by picking-up specimens and delivering them to specified laboratory.
- Transports deceased patients by following protocols and delivering them to the mortuary.
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures; complying with federal and state legal regulations and Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO) requirements.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Enhances health care organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Patient Transporter Skills and Qualifications:
Customer Service, Customer Focus, Bedside Manner, Physical Fitness, Verbal Communication, Listening, Documentation Skills, Decision Making, Patient Services, Health Care Administration, Health Promotion and Maintenance
Learn more about how to hire: