Medical Biller Job Description Sample
This medical biller job description sample can assist you in creating a job application that will attract qualified candidates who are right for your open role. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific duties and requirements. Then, go and find more ideas for crafting your description by browsing Monster’s medical biller job listings.
[Intro paragraph] Put your first few sentences to work introducing prospective billers to your clinic or medical facility, highlighting your unique company culture and working environment. This is your opportunity to set your company apart from competing medical billing and coding job descriptions and sell yourself to medical staff.
Medical Biller Job Responsibilities:
- Generates revenue by making payment arrangements, collecting accounts, and monitoring and pursuing delinquent accounts.
- Collects delinquent accounts by establishing payment arrangements with patients, monitoring payments, and following up with patients when payment lapses occur.
- Utilizes collection agencies and small claims court to collect accounts by evaluating and selecting collection agencies, determines appropriateness of pursuing legal remedies, and testifies in court cases.
- Maintains Medicare bad-debt cost report by tracking billings, monitoring collections, and compiling information.
- Initiates claims against estates by monitoring deaths and unpaid accounts, informing legal department to act on probate and estate issues, and following-up with clerk of court.
- Secures outstanding balance payments for care of employees by establishing payroll deductions and obtaining signatures for automatic transfers.
- Secures obstetrical payments by interviewing and obtaining information from pre-delivery patients, establishing payments due prior to delivery and sending monthly statements.
- Maintains work operations by following policies and procedures, and reporting compliance issues.
- Maintains quality results by following standards.
- Protects clinic’s/hospital’s value by keeping collection information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Serves and protects the clinical community by adhering to professional standards, hospital or clinic policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements and standards.
- Enhances billing department and practice reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests and exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
[Work Hours & Benefits] The most effective medical biller job descriptions discuss their facility’s working hours and benefits and sell prospective candidates on things like overtime or flexible workweek structures. Benefits that set your organization apart, like paid vacation time or family leave, commuting credits, or childcare reimbursements, can also go right here.
Medical Biller Skills and Qualifications:
- Legal compliance
- Quality focus
- Time management
- Attention to detail
- Documentation skills
- Analyzing information
- General math skills
- Resolving conflict
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent
- University/college degree, or experience medical records, claims or billing areas is an asset
- Previous medical office experience preferred
[Call to Action] Now that job seekers are familiar with your institution and the job requirements, you need to conclude your medical biller job description with a compelling call to action that lets them know exactly how to apply. Provide details on how and where to submit an application or resume, or who to contact at your office to apply.
Ready to Nail Your next Medical Billing and Coding Hire?
Getting applicants to look at your practice company is one thing; finding the right job candidates yourself is another. Monster job ads offers a variety flexible monthly plans that allow you to upgrade, scale down, and cancel your search at any time. You can even access SearchMonster, our robust candidate engagement platform, at no extra charge — putting you in touch with the best medical billers.