Hotel housekeeper job description sample
This hotel housekeeper job description sample gives you the framework to create a posting that will attract the most dependable applicants. The best job listings maintain the overall structure and format of this outline while adding the requirements and duties of the specific position. If you’d like even more ideas for crafting a successful description, you can also browse Monster’s housekeeping job listings
[Intro Paragraph] The highest performing job ads introduce prospective housekeepers to their hotel with a few sentences emphasizing their company culture and working environment. Take advantage of this opportunity to set your opportunity apart from competing listings and describe what you bring to the table for new hires.
Hotel Housekeeper Job Responsibilities:
- Performs cleaning duties in all guest areas and back of house.
- Consistently offers professional, friendly, and engaging service.
- Ensures housekeeping departmental standards are followed.
- Responds timely to guests’ special requests for miscellaneous items like cribs, cots, extra towels, etc.
- Maintains inventory of necessary supplies.
- Reports necessary maintenance items.
- Follows departmental policies and procedures.
- Follows all safety and sanitation policies
- Assists other departments when needed to ensure optimum service to guests.
- Performs additional duties as needed.
[Work Hours & Benefits] This is where you’ll want to tell housekeepers about your working hours and benefits. Advise potential applicants of seasonal work hours, overtime possibilities, or any additional staffing requirements, and highlight the benefits that set your hotel or resort apart, like facility discounts, paid vacation time, or childcare reimbursements.
Hotel Housekeeper Qualifications / Skills:
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent
- Previous housekeeping experience a plus
- Valid driver’s license
- Familiarity with Radio Frequency (RF) equipment preferred
[Call to Action] You’ve made prospective housekeepers are familiar with your company and the job requirements — now make sure they apply. A strong call to action that tells them exactly how and where to do so will turn interested job seekers into actual applicants. Let them know who to contact at your company to apply, and how to submit an application or resume.
Is your hotel housekeeper job description ready to go?
You’ve fashioned a fantastic job ad. But do you make sure the best housekeepers see it and respond? Monster job ads provides flexible monthly plans that can be tailored to any candidate search, give you the ability to ramp up, scale down, or cancel at any time. Plus, we’ll give you access to free tools like our search and engagement platform, SearchMonster, connecting you directly with the best job candidates. Get started here!