Estimator – Construction Job Description Sample
This estimator-construction sample job description can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Estimator Construction Job Responsibilities:
Projects and controls construction costs by collecting and studying information; controlling construction costs.
Estimator Construction Job Duties:
- Prepares work to be accomplished by gathering information and requirements; setting priorities.
- Prepares construction budget by studying home plans; updating specifications; identifying and projecting costs for each elevation.
- Evaluates offers to purchase by costing changes, additions, and site requirements.
- Obtains bids from vendors and subcontractors by specifying materials; identifying qualified subcontractors; negotiating price.
- Maintains cost keys and price masters by updating information.
- Resolves cost discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
- Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintains quality service by following organization standards.
- Maintains continuity among corporate, division, and local work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Estimator Construction Skills and Qualifications:
Analyzing Information , Developing Budgets, Vendor Relationships, Reporting Skills, Estimating, Decision Making, Teamwork, Documentation Skills, Quality Focus
Employers: Post a job in minutes to reach candidates everywhere.
Job Seekers: Search Estimator Construction Jobs and apply on Monster now.
Learn more about how to hire: