Esthetician job description sample
This esthetician job description sample can provide a template for a posting that will attract the best candidates for your open position. Keep the structure and organization of this outline and edit and revise it to meet your specific job requirements and duties. Then go and find more ideas for crafting your description by browsing Monster’s esthetician job listings.
[Intro paragraph] The most effective esthetician job listings use the first few sentences to introduce your business to candidates, highlighting your unique salon culture and working environment. Set your company apart from the competition by selling yourself to job seekers and giving them a sense of what you bring to the table as an employer.
Esthetician Job Responsibilities:
- Performs professional quality facials, within scope of practice and licensing, based on member’s/guest’s individual needs.
- Assists in promotion of the health and wellness benefits to members/guests receiving routine skincare.
- Assists in the cleanliness of the location (treatment rooms and common areas).
- Creates excellent member/guest experience through friendly and helpful attitude.
- Completes wellness chart documentation accurately and completely.
- Communicates various promotions to members/guests.
- Follows all company policies and protocols.
- Other duties as assigned.
[Work Hours & Benefits] Estheticians will also want some details on your working hours and benefits. Tell potential applicants on things like overtime or seasonal availability requirements, and sell them on the office perks benefits that set your business apart, like paid vacation time, family leave, or childcare reimbursements.
- Strong customer service orientation
- Ability to communicate effectively (orally and written)
- Courteous and professional manner
- Ability to maintain client confidentiality
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent
- Knowledge of and experience in performing facials is required
- Minimum of 500 hours of skincare education as well as required classroom work
- Must adhere to all applicable local and state licensing laws and regulations related to the esthetic services provided, including following any applicable law pertaining to maintaining current Esthetics License
- Participation in continuing education to improve effectiveness (preferred)
[Call to Action] Now that job hunters are familiar with your company and the requirements of the position, let them know exactly how to apply. The most effective esthetician job descriptions include a compelling call to action that tells interested candidates how and where to submit an application or resume, or who to contact at your company to apply.
Is your esthetician job description ready for prime time?
The right job candidates know how to find you. But do you know how to find them? Try Monster job ads and our flexible monthly plans, allowing you to upgrade, scale down, or cancel your campaign at any time. Get started here, and you’ll have access to SearchMonster, our candidate engagement platform, at no extra charge.