Clerk job description sample
This clerk job description sample can assist in creating a job application that will attract reliable candidates who are qualified for the role. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific duties and requirements. Then, go and browse Monster’s clerk job listings to find more ideas for crafting the perfect description.
[Intro paragraph] You’ll get the most responses to your job posting by taking the next 2-3 sentences to introduce your business to prospective clerks. This is your opportunity to set your company apart from competing job listings and sell yourself to job seekers by highlighting your unique company culture and working environment, and what you bring to the table for new hires.
Clerk Job Responsibilities:
- Serves customers by providing information, responding to requests, resolving problems, and collecting revenue.
- Provides information to customers by verifying understanding of request, answering questions, and offering assistance.
- Initiates service by recording requests; forwarding to dispatching.
- Collects revenue by receiving and recording payments.
- Resolves billing problems by identifying the problem, explaining procedures, and forwarding required adjustments.
- Improves quality results by evaluating processes and recommending changes.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Accomplishes customer service and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
[Work Hours & Benefits] Here is where you can highlight working hours and benefits specific to your company. Effective job descriptions sell potential applicants on things like overtime or seasonal availability, as well as any benefits that set your firm apart, like paid vacation time or family leave, commuting credits, and childcare reimbursements.
Customer Service Clerk Qualifications / Skills:
- Informing others
- Verbal communication
- Resolving conflict
- Customer service
- General math skills
- Promoting process improvement
- Problem solving
- Quality focus
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- University/college degree is an asset
- Familiarity with office software and phone systems a plus
- Previous experience, especially in particular industry, preferred
[Call to Action] Job hunters are familiar with your company and the job requirements — great work! Now you need a compelling call to action so prospective clerks know exactly how to apply. Let them know who to contact at your company to apply, and how and where to submit an application, resume, and supporting documents.
Get the most out of your clerk job description
Clerks are the main point of contact between you and your customers, so making great hires is essential. Need help finding the perfect match?Join Monster ads today. As a member, you’ll receive hiring tips and advice, special offers, industry trends, and much more. Let Monster help you connect with the best reps for your brand and business.