Case Manager Job Description
This case manager sample job description can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Case Manager Job Responsibilities:
Accomplishes clients' care by assessing treatment needs; developing, monitoring, and evaluating treatment plans and progress; facilitating interdisciplinary approaches; monitoring staff performance.
Case Manager Job Duties:
- Admits new clients by reviewing records and applications; conducting orientations.
- Determines clients' requirements by completing intake interviews; determining need for therapeutic medical, psycho-social, and psychiatric evaluations; reviewing therapist evaluations, treatment objectives, and plans.
- Establishes treatment programs by setting schedules and routines; coordinating services being provided; arranging resources, including transportation and escort.
- Monitors cases by verifying clients' attendance; observing and evaluating treatments and responses; advocating for needed services and entitlements; obtaining additional resources; intervening in crises; providing personal support.
- Maintains clients' records by reviewing case notes; logging events and progress.
- Communicates clients' progress by conducting weekly interdisciplinary meetings and evaluations; disseminating results and obstacles to therapeutic team and family; identifying treatment influences.
- Prepares clients' discharge by reviewing and amplifying discharge plans; coordinating discharge and post-discharge requirements; orienting and training family members; providing resources.
- Improves staff competence by providing educational resources; balancing work requirements with learning opportunities; evaluating the application of learning to changes in treatment results.
- Improves treatment results by studying, evaluating, and re-designing processes; implementing changes; rewriting policies and procedures.
- Improves financial status by analyzing results; monitoring variances; identifying trends; recommending actions to management.
- Meets budget by monitoring expenses; implementing cost-saving actions.
- Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing treatment and results data and trends; compiling statistics; completing grant and subsidy applications.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Case Manager Skills and Qualifications:
Documentation Skills, Analyzing Information , Decision Making, Research Skills, Verbal Communication, Written Communication, People Skills, Resolving Conflict, People Management, Integrity, Connecting with Children
Employers: Post a job in minutes to reach candidates everywhere.
Job Seekers: Search Case Manager Jobs and apply on Monster now.