Case Manager Job Description Sample
This case manager job description sample can assist you in creating a job application that will attract talented candidates who are qualified for the role. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific duties and requirements. You can also take a look at our case manager job listings to find even more ideas to add to your application.
[Intro paragraph] Employers seeking the highest quality applicants often begin their job description with a few sentences highlighting the things that make the opportunity unique and the value their organization brings to new hires. This is your chance to really make your facility or service shine and set yourself apart from competing postings.
Case Manager Job Responsibilities:
- Accomplishes clients’ care by assessing treatment needs; developing, monitoring, and evaluating treatment plans and progress; facilitating interdisciplinary approaches; monitoring staff performance.
- Admits new clients by reviewing records and applications; conducting orientations.
- Determines clients’ requirements by completing intake interviews; determining need for therapeutic medical, psycho-social, and psychiatric evaluations; reviewing therapist evaluations, treatment objectives, and plans.
- Establishes treatment programs by setting schedules and routines; coordinating services being provided; arranging resources, including transportation and escort.
- Monitors cases by verifying clients’ attendance; observing and evaluating treatments and responses; advocating for needed services and entitlements; obtaining additional resources; intervening in crises; providing personal support.
- Maintains clients’ records by reviewing case notes; logging events and progress.
- Communicates clients’ progress by conducting weekly interdisciplinary meetings and evaluations; disseminating results and obstacles to therapeutic team and family; identifying treatment influences.
- Prepares clients’ discharge by reviewing and amplifying discharge plans; coordinating discharge and post-discharge requirements; orienting and training family members; providing resources.
- Improves staff competence by providing educational resources; balancing work requirements with learning opportunities; evaluating the application of learning to changes in treatment results.
- Improves treatment results by studying, evaluating, and re-designing processes; implementing changes; rewriting policies and procedures.
- Meets budget by monitoring expenses; implementing cost-saving actions.
- Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing treatment and results data and trends; compiling statistics; completing grant and subsidy applications.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
[Work Hours & Benefits] This is where you want to include details about the working hours and benefits at your organization. The most effective job descriptions advise potential applicants about flexible hours or work-week structures, and any driving or travel requirements. You can also describe benefits you offer, like tuition or continuing education credits, childcare reimbursement, or paid parental leave.
Case Manager Skills and Qualifications:
- Documentation skills
- Analyzing information
- Decision making
- Research skills
- Verbal communication
- Written communication
- People skills
- Resolving conflict
- People management
- Connecting with children
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED
- 3+ years customer service experience, preferably in human services, possess demonstrated commitment to customer service
- Professional or personal experience supporting individuals with disabilities, mental illnesses, or challenging behaviors highly preferred
- Must have a valid in-state driver’s license, provide current registration and insurance, and have a driving record with no more than 2 points within the last 3 years
- Must be over 21 years old
[Call to Action] Here is where you turn potential applicants into actual applicants. The best performing listings include a strong call to action in this location, letting case managers know exactly how to apply with details on how and where to submit an application, resume, and other supporting documents.
Ready to Post Your Case Manager Job Description?
Posting a job ad and waiting for responses is great. But to go out and find the best managers, you need Monster job ads. We offer a wide range of monthly plans to choose from and you can cancel any time. Find the best plan for your company and you’ll even have access to our candidate engagement platform, SearchMonster, at no extra charge. Get started now!