Biomedical Engineer Job Description Sample
This biomedical engineer job description sample can assist you in creating a job application that will attract strong candidates who are qualified for the position. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific duties and requirements. Check out our biomedical engineer job listings for more ideas on how to build out your description.
[Intro Paragraph] Kick off your job description by introducing prospective applicants to your company, corporate culture, and working environment. This is your chance to let prospective engineers know what you have to offer new hires and set your posting apart from the rest by shaping your recruiting pitch to the ideal candidate.
Biomedical Engineer Job Responsibilities:
- Supports patient diagnosis and treatment by installing, testing, calibrating and repairing biomedical equipment; training users; maintaining safe operations.
- Approves new equipment by conducting tests, ensuring adherence to codes and making modifications.
- Installs new equipment by establishing, adjusting, calibrating and testing performance.
- Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance schedules, conducting tests and troubleshooting and repairing malfunctions.
- Calls for special equipment service, evaluates service contracts and maintains equipment inventories.
- Directs biomedical equipment operation by providing equipment operation demonstrations, instructing other healthcare staff in use and care of equipment and answering questions.
- Evaluates proposed equipment by conducting tests and evaluations.
- Improves equipment performance by studying machine-patient interaction, conferring with equipment users, developing modifications, and collaborating with manufacturers.
- Maintains supplies inventory by checking stock, anticipating needs, placing and expediting orders, and verifying receipt.
- Prepares biomedical reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintains patient confidence by keeping information confidential.
- Maintains safe and healthy working environment by conducting safety tests, recommending and complying with procedures, training and guiding medical and healthcare personnel and complying with codes.
[Work Hours & Benefits] Job seekers also want to know about your working hours and benefits. The best performing biomed job descriptions inform potential applicants about team size, the availability of flexible hours, or other shift requirements. They also don’t forget highlight unique office perks and benefits they offer, like conference sponsorships, continuing education credits, or paid time off.
Biomedical Engineer Skills and Qualifications:
- Documentation skills
- Analyzing information
- Creating a safe, effective environment
- Infection control
- Training management
- Lab environment
- Clinical lab testing
- Equipment calibration
- Conceptual skills
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- High school diploma or G.E.D. required
- AA Degree in electronics / biomedical technology, or equivalent preferred
- Successful completion of the FMCNA Biomedical Technician Technical Certification Program within the first 24 months of employment required
- Biomedical Industry Technical Certification within 24 months of employment preferred
- Water Quality Association (WQA) Water Treatment Specialist (WTS)
- Association for the Advancement of Medical Instrumentation (AAMI), Certified Biomedical Equipment Technician (CBET)
- All attained certifications must be maintained and current
[Call to Action] You’ve attracted some eyeballs to your job description, but how do you get the applications in your inbox? With a compelling call to action that lets engineers know exactly how to apply and encourages them to do so. Advise job seekers to apply via this listing or to contact your HR department directly, and include any other application requirements.
Ready to Post Your Perfect Biomedical Engineer Job Description?
Great. Now, let Monster job ads put you in the driver’s seat when it comes to finding the right hire. Our range of monthly plans can be customized for any size company or job search, plus, you can cancel at any time. Get started right now!