Aerospace engineer job description sample
The aerospace engineer job description sample below can help you craft an effective job posting and find highly qualified candidates. You can adjust the specifics to include the exact job duties and requirements the position entails. Additionally, browse our existing aerospace engineer job listings to get more ideas for what to include in your description.
[Intro Paragraph] The introductory paragraph is like an elevator pitch — your chance to sell your company to prospective candidates. Take a few sentences to describe the company and your working environment, letting applicants know what sets you apart from the competition.
Aerospace Engineer Job Responsibilities:
- Contributes to the design, manufacturing, and testing of aircraft and aerospace products.
- Studies proposed projects to assess safety and feasibility.
- Evaluates designs with regard to engineering principles, customer requirements and environmental regulations.
- Produces and presents prototypes and models for proposed designs.
- Conducts tests on prototypes and models.
- Inspects damaged or malfunctioning products to determine the problem and propose solutions.
- Determine costs for financial feasibility.
- Assists in production of manuals and troubleshooting guides for finished product.
- Coordinate with other teams to ensure standards and timelines are met.
- Contributes to efforts of the organization by accomplishing related tasks as needed.
[Work Hours & Benefits] A well-qualified aerospace engineer is also going to want to know about your working hours and benefits. Describe your typical work hours and let them know if you offer things like flexible scheduling. Include particularly attractive benefits such as employee development programs, paid parental leave and commuter benefits.
Aerospace Engineer Qualifications/Skills:
- Highly skilled in math, physics, thermodynamics, mechanics and robotics
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Strong time-management skills
- Detail oriented and highly organized
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in aerospace engineering or related field (Master’s degree preferred)
- Previous experience in aerospace engineering
- Professional Engineer license preferred
[Call to Action] Vital to an effective job description is the call to action where you encourage candidates to apply and explain how to do so. For example, you could instruct them to click the “apply” button at the top of the job posting or ask them to email their application and other documents directly to your HR department.
Ready to post your aerospace engineer job description?
Writing a thorough job description is a great first step to finding the right aerospace engineer. To help you take your search up a notch, Monster job ads has a wide a range of monthly plans which you can customize to fit your company size and job search. From there, you’ll get access to tools like Monster Studios, which lets you create video job descriptions at no extra charge. Get started today!