This senior security architect sample job description can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Description: Sr. Security Architect
Sr. Security Architect Job Purpose: Secures enterprise information by determining security requirements; planning, implementing, and testing security systems; preparing security standards, policies, and procedures; mentoring team members.
Sr. Security Architect Job Duties:
- Enhances security team accomplishments and competence by planning delivery of solutions; answering technical and procedural questions for less experienced team members; teaching improved processes; mentoring team members.
- Determines security requirements by evaluating business strategies and requirements; researching information security standards; conducting system security and vulnerability analyses and risk assessments; studying architecture/platform; identifying integration issues; preparing cost estimates.
- Plans security systems by evaluating network and security technologies; developing requirements for local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), virtual private networks (VPNs), routers, firewalls, and related security and network devices; designs public key infrastructures (PKIs), including use of certification authorities (CAs) and digital signatures as well as hardware and software; adhering to industry standards.
- Implements security systems by specifying intrusion detection methodologies and equipment; directing equipment and software installation and calibration; preparing preventive and reactive measures; creating, transmitting, and maintaining keys; providing technical support; completing documentation.
- Verifies security systems by developing and implementing test scripts.
- Maintains security by monitoring and ensuring compliance to standards, policies, and procedures; conducting incident response analyses; developing and conducting training programs.
- Upgrades security systems by monitoring security environment; identifying security gaps; evaluating and implementing enhancements.
- Prepares system security reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Updates job knowledge by tracking and understanding emerging security practices and standards; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Skills/Qualifications: Network Security, Network Hardware Configuration, Network Protocols, Networking Standards, Supervision, Conceptual Skills, Decision Making, Informing Others, Functional and Technical Skills, Dependability, Information Security Policies
Learn more about how to hire: