This retail store manager sample job description can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Retail Store Manager Job Responsibilities:
Serves customers by providing merchandise; supervising staff.
Retail Store Manager Job Duties:
- Completes store operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Maintains store staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintains store staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Achieves financial objectives by preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Identifies current and future customer requirements by establishing rapport with potential and actual customers and other persons in a position to understand service requirements.
- Ensures availability of merchandise and services by approving contracts; maintaining inventories.
- Formulates pricing policies by reviewing merchandising activities; determining additional needed sales promotion; authorizing clearance sales; studying trends.
- Markets merchandise by studying advertising, sales promotion, and display plans; analyzing operating and financial statements for profitability ratios.
- Secures merchandise by implementing security systems and measures.
- Protects employees and customers by providing a safe and clean store environment.
- Maintains the stability and reputation of the store by complying with legal requirements.
- Determines marketing strategy changes by reviewing operating and financial statements and departmental sales records.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Maintains operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Retail Store Manager Skills and Qualifications:
Customer Focus, Tracking Budget Expenses, Pricing, Vendor Relationships, Market Knowledge, Staffing, Results Driven, Strategic Planning, Management Proficiency, Client Relationships, Verbal Communication
Find out more about recruiting trends in the retail industry.
Employers: Post a job in minutes to reach candidates everywhere.
Job Seekers: Search Retail Store Manager Jobs and apply on Monster now.
Learn more about how to hire: