This human resources director sample job description can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Human Resources Director Job Responsibilities:
Promotes and implements human resource values by planning and managing human resources programs; directing staff.
Human Resources Director Job Duties:
- Develops organization strategies by identifying and researching human resources issues; contributing information, analysis, and recommendations to organization strategic thinking and direction; establishing human resources objectives in line with organizational objectives.
- Implements human resources strategies by establishing department accountabilities, including talent acquisition, staffing, employment processing, compensation, health and welfare benefits, training and development, records management, safety and health, succession planning, employee relations and retention, AA/EEO compliance, and labor relations.
- Manages human resources operations by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, coaching, counseling, and disciplining staff; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing staff job contributions; maintaining compensation; determining production, productivity, quality, and customer-service strategies; designing systems; accumulating resources; resolving problems; implementing change.
- Develops human resources operations financial strategies by estimating, forecasting, and anticipating requirements, trends, and variances; aligning monetary resources; developing action plans; measuring and analyzing results; initiating corrective actions; minimizing the impact of variances.
- Accomplishes special project results by identifying and clarifying issues and priorities; communicating and coordinating requirements; expediting fulfillment; evaluating milestone accomplishments; evaluating optional courses of action; changing assumptions and direction.
- Supports management by providing human resources advice, counsel, and decisions; analyzing information and applications.
- Guides management and employee actions by researching, developing, writing, and updating policies, procedures, methods, and guidelines; communicating and enforcing organization values.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in conferences and educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Human Resources Director Skills and Qualifications:
Human Resources Management, Hiring, Developing Standards, Foster Teamwork, Management Proficiency, Managing Profitability, Promoting Process Improvement, Building Relationships, Organizational Astuteness, People Skills, Retaining Employees
Employers: Post a job in minutes to reach candidates everywhere.
Job Seekers: Search Human Resources Director Jobs and apply on Monster now.
Read more about how to interview: