This estimator-construction sample job description can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Description: Estimator - Construction
Estimator - Construction Job Purpose: Projects and controls construction costs by collecting and studying information; controlling construction costs.
Estimator - Construction Duties:
- Prepares work to be accomplished by gathering information and requirements; setting priorities.
- Prepares construction budget by studying home plans; updating specifications; identifying and projecting costs for each elevation.
- Evaluates offers to purchase by costing changes, additions, and site requirements.
- Obtains bids from vendors and subcontractors by specifying materials; identifying qualified subcontractors; negotiating price.
- Maintains cost keys and price masters by updating information.
- Resolves cost discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
- Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintains quality service by following organization standards.
- Maintains continuity among corporate, division, and local work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Skills/Qualifications: Analyzing Information , Developing Budgets, Vendor Relationships, Reporting Skills, Estimating, Decision Making, Teamwork, Documentation Skills, Quality Focus
Learn more about how to hire: