Assistant Store Manager Job Description
This assistant store manager sample job description can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Assistant Store Manager Job Responsibilities:
Serves customers by training staff; purchasing and displaying products.
Assistant Store Manager Job Duties:
- Trains store staff by reviewing and revising orientation to products and sales training materials; delivering training sessions; reviewing staff job results and learning needs with retail store manager; developing and implementing new product training.
- Evaluates competition by visiting competing stores; gathering information such as style, quality, and prices of competitive merchandise.
- Purchases inventory by researching emerging products; anticipating buyer interest; negotiating volume price breaks; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt.
- Attracts customers by originating display ideas; following display suggestions or schedules; constructing or assembling prefabricated display properties; producing merchandise displays in windows and showcases, and on sales floor.
- Promotes sales by demonstrating merchandise and products to customers.
- Helps customers by providing information; answering questions; obtaining merchandise requested; completing payment transactions; preparing merchandise for delivery.
- Prepares sales and customer relations reports by analyzing and categorizing sales information; identifying and investigating customer complaints and service suggestions.
- Maintains a safe and clean store environment by developing and publishing evacuation routes; determining and documenting locations of potentially dangerous materials and chemicals.
- Maintains inventory by checking merchandise to determine inventory levels; anticipating customer demand.
- Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information.
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Mastering the hiring process is about more than the job description.
Download our 2016 Small Business Guide to Hiring
Assistant Store Manager Skills and Qualifications:
Competitive Analysis, Management Proficiency, Creative Services, Supply Management, Customer Service, Presentation Skills, Analyzing Information , Basic Safety, Promotions, Understanding the Customer, Verbal Communication
Employers: Post a job in minutes to reach candidates everywhere.
Job Seekers: Search jobs and apply on Monster now.
Learn more about recruiting: