The sample interview questions below will assist with your interview preparation when interviewing candidates for a customer service representative job description.
- Tell me about your previous work experience in customer service.
- Why would you be a good fit for our company as a customer service rep?
- What do you know about this company’s products and services?
- What makes you a great candidate for this customer service rep job in particular?
- What are your strengths and weaknesses when interacting with customers?
- What do you enjoy about working in customer service?
- What have you done to be a better customer service representative?
- What have you done at your present/last company to increase revenues, reduce costs, or save time?
- Tell me about a time that you helped resolve a particularly difficult customer issue.
- Talk about a time when you were unable to help the customer with their problem – what was the issue and how did you handle the situation?
- What type of customer service systems have you used? What is your level of familiarity with them?
- Do you consider yourself a team player?
- What type of team structure have you worked within in the past?
- What type of team structure suits you best?
- What have you done recently to improve your skills as customer service rep?
- What type of schedule are you looking to work?
- Would you be available to work additional shifts
Knowing the best interview questions to ask is a key element to finding top talent -- it's also essential to a successful recruitment process.
Next step: Research the average employee compensation for Customer Service Representatives in your area with the HR Salary Wizard®.
TargetPost™ job postings connect you with local skilled, hourly and administrative candidates at a competitive price and help simplify your recruiting process.