Sample Interview Questions for Hiring Administrative Support Workers
The sample interview questions below will assist with your interview preparation when interviewing candidates for an administrative support job description.
- Tell me about your previous work experience as an administrative support person.
- What were your primary responsibilities?
- Tell me about a complex project you were tasked with completing under deadline.
- Talk about a project that you were particularly proud of managing.
- What sort of reporting structure did you work within in your previous admin jobs?
- What type of interactions did you have with other departments?
- What has been your experience in working with clients and vendors?
- Have you had to interact with the general public?
- Tell me about your computer skills.
- What technologies are you an expert with using?
- What other technologies have you utilized in your admin work?
- What type of documents and formats have you generated in the past?
- What have you done at your present/last company to increase revenues, reduce costs, or save time?
- What makes you a great fit for this position?
- What do you know about our company and products?
- What type of schedule are you looking to work?
- Would you be available to work extra hours if needed?
Knowing the best interview questions to ask is a key factor in finding top talent — in fact, knowing how to interview should be an essential component of your recruitment strategy.
Get started on making your next hire
Admin workers help keep your business running smoothly, so it's crucial to hire capable people who are quick to learn and comfortable with your workflow. A thorough interview will help the top candidates rise to the top. Could you use some more tips? Sign up for exclusive Monster Hiring advice and we’ll send you the latest recruiting tips, hiring trends, management strategies, and even some awesome Monster deals. We've got the time-tested expertise, plus cutting-edge technology, to help you attract top candidates for admin jobs.