[Intro Paragraph] Kick off your executive director job description with an introduction to your company, corporate culture, and working environment. This is your chance to truly set your company apart from the competition. Take two to three sentences to cater your recruiting pitch to the ideal candidate, and you’ll lure the best of the best.
Executive Director Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the planning, organizing, and directing of the organization’s operations and programs.
- Develops and implements consistent inventory and cost accounting policies, procedures, and operational reporting/metrics.
- Oversees and reports on the company results for senior management.
- Prepares accurate and timely analyses that capture and communicate business results, variances, and performance trends.
- Provides leadership to and manages the efforts of site staff to ensure appropriate support of all departments.
- Supervises the development of operations-based financial modeling.
- Coordinates and leads annual budget reviews, monthly and quarterly reviews, and periodic forecast updates with operational and senior management for all locations.
- Approves major systems implementations related to cost and inventory control.
- Retains a diverse, highly qualified staff and provides career coaching, growth, and personal development for direct/indirect report employees.
- Ensures that services and funding relationships are robust enough to meet or exceed strategic goals and objectives.
[Work Hours & Benefits] The best job postings also highlight the work hours and benefits specific to each company. This is your chance to tell prospective executive directors about work-from-home and support staff options, as well as the benefits that set you apart, like stock and ownership options, corporate travel accounts, and paid parental leave.
Executive Director Qualifications/Skills:
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills
- Ability to multitask
- Takes initiative
- Works independently
- Creative problem-solving skills
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in finance or accounting
- CMA or MBA preferred
- 15 or more years of financial management experience in an operational environment
- 10 or more years management or supervisory experience
- Relevant experience in industry environment
[Call to Action] Now that you have a candidate’s interest, you need strong call to action letting them know how to apply and encouraging them to do so. Advise prospective candidates whether to apply through this job listing or to contact your HR department directly.
Ready to Post the Perfect Job Description?
Publishing a great job posting is a good enough start. But did you know Monster job ads can put the power to find the right executive director in your hands? With a range of monthly plans that can be customized for your company or job search, you’ll be in the driver’s seat. Plus, email distribution to our extensive candidate list is included at no extra charge. Get started today!