Telecommunications Technician Job Description
This telecommunications technician sample job description can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Telecommunications Technician Job Responsibilities:
Establishes communications systems by installing, operating, and maintaining voice and data telecommunications network circuits and equipment.
Telecommunications Technician Job Duties:
- Plans network installations by studying customer orders, plans, manuals, and technical specifications; ordering and gathering equipment, supplies, materials, and tools, assessing installation site; preparing an installation diagram.
- Establishes voice and data networks by running, pulling, terminating, and splicing cables; installing telecommunications equipment, routers, switches, multiplexors, cable trays, and alarm and fire-suppression systems; building ironwork and ladder racks; establishing connections; programming features; establishing connections and integrations; following industry standards; activating remote access tools; coordinating with contractors.
- Verifies service by testing circuits, equipment, and alarms; identifying, correcting, or escalating problems.
- Documents network by labeling and routing equipment and cables; recording configuration diagrams and specifications.
- Maintains network by troubleshooting and repairing outages; testing network back-up procedures; updating documentation.
- Maintains customer rapport by listening to and resolving concerns; answering questions.
- Maintains safe work environment by following codes, standards, and legal regulations.
- Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipt.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Telecommunications Technician Skills and Qualifications:
Telecommunications Systems Engineering, Telecommunications Knowledge, Telecommunications Technologies, Provisioning, Technical Understanding, Functional and Technical Skills, Independence, Attention to Detail, Verbal Communication, Documentation Skills, Audiovisual Maintenance
Employers: Post a job in minutes to reach candidates everywhere.
Job Seekers: Search Telecommunications Technician Jobs and apply on Monster now.
Learn more about the hiring process: