Warehouse Worker Job Description Sample
This warehouse worker job description sample can assist in your creation of a job application that will attract the most reliable candidates who are qualified for the position. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific duties and requirements, and browse Monster’s warehouse job listings for more ideas for crafting a successful description. Right now we have a varied selection of warehouse worker job descriptions available in the Houston, Phoenix, Louisville, and Fresno/ Madera markets.
[Intro Paragraph] The best warehouse associate job descriptions take 2-3 sentences to introduce your business, unique company culture, and working environment to prospective warehouse workers. This is your first opportunity to set your company apart from competing listings and sell yourself to job seekers.
Warehouse Worker Job Responsibilities:
- Completes shipments by processing and loading orders.
- Prepares orders by processing requests and supply orders; pulling materials; packing boxes; placing orders in delivery area.
- Completes deliveries by driving truck or van to and from vendors.
- Maintains truck or van by completing preventive maintenance requirements and arranging for repairs.
- Enforces inventory controls by collecting stock location orders and printing requests.
- Provides quality service by following organization standards.
- Preserves safe and clean work environment by keeping shelves, pallet area, and workstations neat.
- Promotes clean shipping supply area by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Completes reports by entering required information.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
[Work Hours & Benefits] Here is a nice place to discuss working hours and benefits, advising interested warehouse associates of seasonal work hours and possibilities for overtime pay. You can also talk about the benefits — like vacation time and tuition, commuter, or childcare reimbursements — that set your business apart.
Warehouse Worker Qualifications / Skills:
- Time management
- Reporting skills
- Inventory control
- Documentation skills
- Equipment maintenance
- Data entry skills
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent
- Forklift Certification within 90 days of job entry date
- Familiarity with Radio Frequency (RF) equipment is preferred
[Call to Action] Now that applicants are familiar with your company and the job requirements, you need a call to action, so prospective warehouse workers know exactly how to apply. A well-crafted call to action turns interested job seekers into actual applicants, so let them know how to submit an application and resume or who to contact at your company to apply.
Happy with Your Warehouse Worker Job Description?
Getting an applicant’s attention is one thing, but how do you find the right candidates for your position? Monster job ads offer flexible monthly plans, allowing you to upgrade, scale down, and cancel at any time. You can even access SearchMonster at no extra charge, using our robust candidate platform to engage with the best candidates. Ready to get started? Post a job for free today!