Systems analyst job description sample
This systems analyst job description sample can assist you in creating a job application that will attract strong candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this description to meet your specific duties and requirements. You can also browse our systems analyst job listings for more ideas on how to fill out your description.
[Intro paragraph] Beginning your systems analyst job description with an introductory paragraph that tells the prospective applicant a little bit about your company and the working environment is your chance to set your company apart from the rest. Use these first few sentences to sell yourself to new hires and lure the best of the best.
Systems Analyst Job Responsibilities:
- Implements computer system requirements by defining and analyzing system problems; designing and testing standards and solutions.
- Defines application problem by conferring with clients; evaluating procedures and processes.
- Develops solution by preparing and evaluating alternative workflow solutions.
- Controls solution by establishing specifications and coordinating production with programmers.
- Validates results by testing programs.
- Ensures operation by training client personnel and providing support.
- Provides reference by writing documentation.
- Accomplishes information systems and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
[Work Hours & Benefits] Discuss the working hours and benefits specific to your company here. This is your chance to tell prospective systems analysts about flexible hours, the ability to work from home, or other telecommuting opportunities. Focus on the benefits that set you apart, like continuing education, tuition, or commuter credits.
Systems Analyst Qualifications / Skills:
- Software design, documentation, testing, and maintenance
- Hardware requirements
- General consulting skills
- Software architecture
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, mathematics, or engineering
- Experience in IT or database administration a plus
- Experience with Java GUI front-end development, SQL, Postgres, or equivalent database tools
- Experience with Agile software development using JIRA
- Experience with Zeek (formerly Bro)
- Experience in: Multiple OS platforms with strong emphasis on Linux (CentOS, Red Hat, Ubuntu), Mac OS X, and Windows systems
- Experience with OS-level scripting environment, such as Bourne shell
- Experience working in a research environment that relies extensively on Open Source solutions
- In-depth knowledge of the TCP / IP protocol suite; security architecture; securing and hardening Operating Systems; Networks; Databases; and Applications
- Knowledge of the Incident Response life-cycle, working independently to investigate and effectively respond to cyber security incidents
- Thorough understanding of the threat and attack landscape, attack vectors, vulnerabilities, and how they are leveraged by malicious actors
- Security certifications, Database Administrator certifications
[Call to Action] Here is where your turns interested analysts into excited applicants, with a well-crafted call to action. Tell prospective candidates how to apply through the job listing or to contact your HR department directly.
Ready to post your systems analyst job description?
Posting a job description and waiting for a response is a great start. But did you know Monster job ads can put you in the driver’s seat when it comes to finding the right analysts for your company? Our range of monthly plans can be customized for any size business or job search, and you can even access Monster Studios, which lets you create video job descriptions, for free. Plus, mail distribution to our million-candidate list is included. Get started right here!