Supervisor Job Description Sample
This supervisor job description sample can assist in your creation of a job application that will attract the best candidates who are well qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this description to meet your specific duties and requirements. You can also browse our supervisor job listings for more ideas about how to build the perfect posting.
[Intro paragraph] We also encourage you to begin your job description with two or three sentences telling prospective supervisors a little bit about your company. This is your opportunity to sell job candidates on your corporate culture, working environment, and values, as well as what you bring to the table for new employees.
Supervisor Job Responsibilities:
- Accomplishes department objectives by supervising staff and organizing and monitoring work processes.
- Maintains staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees and developing personal growth opportunities.
- Accomplishes staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees.
- Plans, monitors, and appraises job results.
- Conducts training.
- Implements and enforces systems, policies, and procedures.
- Maintains safe and healthy work environment by establishing and enforcing organization standards and adhering to legal regulations.
- Completes operations by developing schedules, assigning and monitoring work, gathering resources, implementing productivity standards, resolving operations problems, maintaining reference manuals, and implementing new procedures.
- Controls expenses by gathering and submitting budget information, scheduling expenditures, monitoring variances, and implementing corrective actions.
- Provides quality service by enforcing quality and customer service standards.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
[Work Hours & Benefits] Now that supervisors know what’s required of them, here is where you may want to include details about your working hours and benefits. Highlight the possibility for flexible hours, seasonal requirements, or overtime options. It’s also a great opportunity to describe any employee benefits that set your company apart, like commissions, profit sharing, or paid time off.
Supervisor Qualifications / Skills:
- Quality management
- Tracking budget expenses
- Safety management
- Performance management
- Fostering teamwork
- Giving feedback
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree in business or management preferred
- Industry and management experience a plus
[Call to Action] The best performing job ads also include a strong call to action, giving potential applicants specific details on exactly how to apply. Provide supervisors with contact information for your hiring manager, advise them regarding required supporting documents, or simply tell them to click on the “apply” button at the top of the job listing.
Ready to Post Your Supervisor Job Description?
The key to finding the best personnel for your company is Monster job ads. Our wide range of monthly plans fits any size business or job search, giving you the ability to upgrade, scale down, or cancel any time. Find your next supervisor today!