Shift leader job description sample
This shift leader job description sample is the perfect start to creating a job posting that will attract the best candidates and turn them into applicants. For best results, maintain the structure and organization of this outline, and simply revise it to reflect the specific duties and requirements of your open position. You can also browse our shift leader job listings if you’d like even more ideas about building the perfect posting.
[Intro paragraph] We also encourage you to begin your job description with two or three sentences introducing prospective shift leaders to your company, corporate culture, and working environment. Use this opportunity to set your position apart from competing listings by selling job candidates on your business, your values, and what you bring to the table for new hires.
Shift Leader Job Responsibilities:
- Directs, administers, and controls hourly operations and activities of facilities and programs in an assigned area.
- Ensures compliance with established company and regulatory guidelines and procedures to provide high quality service and outstanding customer care.
- Participates in the implementation of divisional and company initiatives and strategies.
- Directs and oversees the business of the assigned facilities within a defined area through effective leadership and management of customer service, quality care, marketing, and responsible fiscal management.
- Implements, disseminates, and administers operations strategies and objectives to ensure the achievement of the division’s and company’s goals and objectives.
- Formulates location-specific and area quality goals and action plans to achieve quality standards.
- Provides leadership, support, and guidance to facility employees, as well as informal feedback on an ongoing basis and formal feedback in the annual performance evaluation process to identify and develop talent.
- Contributes to a strong and robust communications process between all managers and staff within the area and across the division as needed.
- Addresses adverse events and action thresholds in area of responsibility.
- Ensures efficient and economical performance in accordance with operating budgets and takes the appropriate actions to ensure the attainment of profit and year-end goals and objectives.
- Reviews analysis of performance including financial and productivity data for area and makes the appropriate changes in strategies, goals, and objectives.
- Ensures all employees receive the appropriate training and education according to policies and procedures including ongoing compliance training.
[Work Hours & Benefits] The job descriptions that get the most attention include details about working hours and benefits. Highlight the possibility for flexible hours as well as any seasonal or overtime requirements. This is also a great opportunity to describe any employee benefits that set your company apart, like profit sharing, commuter credits, or childcare reimbursement.
Shift Leader Qualifications / Skills:
- Staffing, planning, and people management
- Managing performance and profitability
- Promoting process improvement
- Strategic planning
- Dealing with complexity, analyzing information, and implementing company vision
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required
- Bachelor’s or associate’s degree in business or management preferred
- Minimum 12 months experience in specific industry
- Advanced supervisory experience a plus
[Call to Action] The best performing job ads conclude with a strong call to action. This is where you let potential applicants know exactly how to apply, along with any specific details such as contact information for your hiring manager or required supporting documents. Or, you can simply tell them to “click on the apply button at the top of the job listing.”
Ready for your shift leader job description to go live?
Now get ready for the other half of your candidate search: finding the best of the best candidates with Monster job ads. We provide a wide range of monthly plans fits your company’s needs, allowing you to upgrade, swap ads, scale down, or cancel any time. Get started now and you’ll also have access to SearchMonster, our massive resume database, at no additional cost.