Production Supervisor Job Description Sample
This production supervisor job description sample can help you create a job description that will attract the best candidates who are qualified for the position. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific duties and requirements and browse Monster’s factory job listings for more ideas for crafting a successful description. Right now we have a varied selection of factory worker job descriptions available in the Knoxville, Denver, Philadelphia, and Houston markets.
Production Supervisor Job Responsibilities:
Supervises staff manufacturing products; organizes and monitors work flow.
Production Supervisor Job Duties:
- Accomplishes manufacturing staff results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
- Maintains staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees; developing personal growth opportunities.
- Maintains work flow by monitoring steps of the process; setting processing variables; observing control points and equipment; monitoring personnel and resources; studying methods; implementing cost reductions; developing reporting procedures and systems; facilitating corrections to malfunctions within process control points; initiating and fostering a spirit of cooperation within and between departments.
- Completes production plan by scheduling and assigning personnel; accomplishing work results; establishing priorities; monitoring progress; revising schedules; resolving problems; reporting results of the processing flow on shift production summaries.
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Ensures operation of equipment by calling for repairs; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Provides manufacturing information by compiling, initiating, sorting, and analyzing production performance records and data; answering questions and responding to requests.
- Creates and revises systems and procedures by analyzing operating practices, record-keeping systems, forms of control, and budgetary and personnel requirements; implementing change.
- Maintains safe and clean work environment by educating and directing personnel on the use of all control points, equipment, and resources; maintaining compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Maintains working relationship with the union by following the terms of the collective bargaining agreement.
- Resolves personnel problems by analyzing data; investigating issues; identifying solutions; recommending action.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Production Supervisor Skills and Qualifications:
Supervision, Coaching, Managing Processes, Process Improvement, Tracking Budget Expenses, Production Planning, Controls and Instrumentation, Strategic Planning, Dealing with Complexity, Financial Planning and Strategy, Automotive Manufacturing
Learn more about how the hiring process:
- The 50 Toughest Interview Questions
- Block Out Biases During the Interview
- Resume Search: Spotting Exceptional Talent