Photographer job description sample
If you’re in need of a photographic whiz, you can use this photographer job description sample for help creating a posting to find the best talent. The template provides a basic format to follow, which you can customize to suit your own needs and preferences. For additional resources, take a look at our photographer job listings.
[Intro Paragraph] Be sure to discuss what makes your company unique and exciting in the introduction of your description. This is a chance to make your business shine and stand apart from your competitors. Help photographers imagine exactly what it might be like to work at your company.
Photographer Job Responsibilities:
- Captures memories and creates exceptional experiences for our clients.
- Creates content with an exceptional range of creative, technical, and documentary imagery.
- Maintains relationships with clients, team members, models, stylists, hair/makeup artists, and assistants, etc.
- Collaborates with Marketing, Design, and Retail teams.
- Executes standard photography operation procedures including image editing techniques, tools, processes, and guidelines.
- Archives images and organizes files.
- Ensures studio output exceeds industry standards and expectations.
- Drives towards continuous improvement and creative solutions.
- Keeps equipment up to date, organized, and maintained.
- Oversees brand standards, lighting technique, and image quality.
- Utilizes up-to-date knowledge of product trends, consumer buying, and photography/imaging technology to enhance product photo presentation.
[Work Hours & Benefits] This is the ideal place to add a summary of your work hours and benefits, including flex schedules or travel requirements. Encourage potential applicants to continue reading by adding any benefits that make your workplace stand apart from the competition, like vacation, paid family leave, and retirement plans.
Photographer Qualifications / Skills:
- Firm handle on a photography studio, its environment, and its processes
- Strong communication skills
- Maintain high standards for creative output
- Strong work ethic
- Basic social media skills including Facebook, Instagram, Snap Chat, Pinterest, and YouTube
- Ability to size images and color settings for the web and social media
- SEO and social media marketing
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- 5-7 years’ experience in studio/photo industry
- Product photography is a plus
- Knowledge of DSLR (Nikon preferred) and natural lighting, indoor, studio lighting techniques
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite including Photoshop, Illustrator, Lightroom, Adobe Sketch, Sketchbook, or similar programs
- Experience working on Mac Computers
- Web design, UI or UX design experience preferred
- Familiar with Ecommerce platforms or CMS
- Comfortable with videography and production with knowledge of Final Cut Pro X
[Call to Action] At the end of your posting, you will want to add a call to action so potential applicants know exactly how to respond. By providing a specific way for applicants to apply, you are likely increasing your odds of getting successful responses. So, tell prospective photographers whether to submit their resume via email or click on a link in the job ad.
Let Monster take your job description game to the next level
Now that you’ve crafted a picture-perfect photographer job description, it’s time to get it out into the world. Monster can help you find and hire the right photographer for your business. Plus, explore our video job description app, Monster Studios, to reach a new level in hiring and increase your access to better applicants. Learn more today.