Pharmacist job description sample
This pharmacist job description can assist in the creation of a job application that will attract strong candidates who are qualified for the position. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific duties and requirements. You can also find more ideas about crafting the perfect job description by browsing our pharmacist job listings.
[Intro paragraph] The best job descriptions provide two or three sentences that will introduce the prospective pharmacists to your company, culture, and working environment. This is where you can sell your facility to job seekers and set yourself apart from competing job listings.
Pharmacist Job Responsibilities:
- Serves patients by preparing medications, giving pharmacological information to multidisciplinary health care team, and monitoring patient drug therapies.
- Prepares medications by reviewing and interpreting physician orders and detecting therapeutic incompatibilities.
- Dispenses medications by compounding, packaging, and labeling pharmaceuticals.
- Controls medications by monitoring drug therapies; advising interventions.
- Completes pharmacy operational requirements by organizing and directing technicians’ workflow, verifying their preparation and labeling of pharmaceuticals, and verifying order entries, charges, and inspections.
- Provides pharmacological information by answering questions and requests of health care professionals and counseling patients on drug therapies.
- Develops hospital staff’s pharmacological knowledge by participating in clinical programs and training pharmacy staff, students, interns, externs, residents, and health care professionals.
- Complies with state and federal drug laws as regulated by the state board of pharmacy, the drug enforcement administration, and the food and drug administration by monitoring nursing unit inspection.
- Maintains records for controlled substances and removes outdated and damaged drugs from the pharmacy inventory.
- Supervises the work results of support personnel.
- Maintains current registration, studies existing and new legislation, anticipates legislation, and advises management on needed actions.
- Protects patients and technicians by adhering to infection-control protocols.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
[Work Hours & Benefits] It’s always a good idea to highlight any working hours and benefits specific to your organization. Pharmacists will want to learn things like team size and workweek flexibility. You can also highlight any of the benefits that set you apart, like childcare reimbursements, commuter benefits, and tuition or continuing education credits.
Pharmacist Qualifications / Skills:
- Analyzing information
- Administering medication
- Verbal communication
- FDA health regulations
- Managing processes
- Legal compliance
- Quality focus
- Attention to detail
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- Graduate degree from an accredited pharmacy college recognized by the American Council of Pharmaceutical Education (ACPE)
- Completion of an emergency contraception training course approved by the American Council of Pharmaceutical Education (ACPE), curriculum-based programs from an ACPE-accredited college of pharmacy, applicable state or local health department programs, or programs recognized by the board of pharmacy upon hire
- Valid state pharmacist license (or must meet education requirement(s) for state licensure)
- Current BLS for Healthcare Provider CPR or CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer certification upon hire
[Call to Action] The best job descriptions entice potential pharmacists applicants to apply and teach them how with a compelling call to action. For instance, you can let job hunters know whether you’d like them to submit an application by clicking on the “apply” button at the top of the job listing or if you’d rather them email an application, resume, and supporting documents to a specific person at your facility.
Got the perfect pharmacist job description ready to go live?
Fill your pharmacist position with the help Monster job ads. Our range of monthly plans are perfect for any size company or job search, and you can cancel at any time. Join today and you’ll have access to SearchMonster at no extra charge, giving you access to our massive candidate engagement platform and allowing you to find the best candidates out there. Get started here!