Orthopedic Surgeon Job Description Sample
This orthopedic surgeon job description sample can give your posting a boost that will attract the candidates with the highest qualifications. To get the most attention from prospective physicians, simply maintain the organization and structure of this outline and update it with the specifics of the exact duties and responsibilities of your facility’s open position. You can also take a look at our orthopedic surgeon job listings for more ideas to add to your posting.
[Intro paragraph] Hospitals and clinics looking for the best surgeons begin by introducing themselves with two or three sentences that tell job seekers a few things that make their medical facility unique and the value they bring to new employees. Take this opportunity to really make your hospital or surgery center shine, and set yourself apart from competing job postings.
Orthopedic Surgeon Job Responsibilities:
- Examines, diagnoses, and treats diseases and injuries to the musculoskeletal system.
- Prescribes course of treatment for patients with injuries, disorders, or malformations and performs required surgery.
- Conducts and supervises direct patient care, including some non-surgical treatment options.
- Plans and executes disease prevention and health promotion programs.
- Exercises command of medical units as provided by law and regulations.
- Conduct medical research on new injuries or diseases, and conducts, supervises, and participates in medical education and training of other medical personnel.
- Participates in on-call schedule in a responsive and timely manner.
- Provides outpatient consultation and hospital consultation services.
- Maintains CME units based on the requirements of the specifying Board.
- Maintains historical records by documenting symptoms, medications, and treatment events and writing summaries.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests and exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
[Work Hours & Benefits] Prospective surgeons will also want details on your working hours and benefits, like on-call schedule, patient loads, or any travel requirements. This is also the perfect time to highlight unique office perks and benefits like tuition or conference sponsorship, continuing education credits, or sabbatical and paid parental leave options.
Orthopedic Surgeon Qualifications / Skills:
- Documentation skills
- Analyzing information
- Verbal communication
- Patient services
- Building relationships
- Bedside manner
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- Completion of a residency in orthopedic surgery in an ACGME approved program
- Current BC/BE in orthopedic surgery (American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery)
- Valid state medical license as MD or DO
- Valid DEA certificate
- 2 years’ experience working full-time as an orthopedic surgeon
[Call to Action] The goal of every job posting is to turn potential applicants into actual applicants. But how do you do it? With a well-crafted call to action that lets surgeons know exactly how to get in touch. Provide details about submitting an application, resume, and supporting documents, or you can simply tell them to click the “apply” button at the top of the posting.
Ready to Find Your next Surgeon?
Take your search to the next level with Monster job ads and our wide range of monthly plans. Plus, you’ll get access to our massive resume database with orthopedic surgeon profiles for you to peruse, as well as SearchMonster, our candidate engagement platform. Find the perfect plan today!